Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
What's New in Version 2.0.10
Fixed an issue where the app would get stuck at a login screen with no Steam Guard code after resuming from the background.
Mobile Authenticator for a Reason
For all of the people complaining about how you need to download the mobile authenticator, heres why: hacking. If your account were to get hijacked by a hacker, would you want all of your precious CSGO skins to be stolen? No. With the email authenticator, the hackers can steal your skins and verify it, as they only need to go onto chrome or yandex to long into your email and confirm everything. Would you truly want the skins which caused you to have stage 4 of skin insanity to disappear from you? No. Stop complaining and just get the thing. Its even faster than email because you only have to click two buttons, but on email you have to wait, and wait longer, and still wait, and then finally the email pops up. And then it glitches. Just get it.
Pretty good but can be better...
I don't get why people complain about lag, it works perfectly fine. Another thing people are complaining about is the mobile authenticator. I can see the point that steam tries a little to much to tell you about the authenticator but it's completely necessary. What if hacker decides to go on your steam a punt and trade or sell all of your hard earned skins for a cent each? What if you accidentally sold a skin or trading card for the wrong price and you don't want to go to the market and search the list for the item? The mobile authenticator is just another step in security so nothing is stolen. With all of these attacks on major companies, I think everyone should be thanking valve for not letting everyone's account become public.
P.S. I think valve should add a way to play music from the app.
Lag, Red tape, Lag, Lag
It would be wonderful if the random decision maker of the day at Valve would decide to optimize the confirmation process.
• I can see exactly what the confirmation is for from the list.
• I do not want to view more detail about the action I am forced to confirm (yes, the very same one I initiated not two seconds before. Yes, that one.)
• Why does the system insist that I must confirm every single action even when they occur within the same span of time? If you're really unsure that I'm the one initiating the action how about confirming my session rather than tediously grilling me over every last item I put on the market?
• Time is money and free time is a precious treasure to those of us in the working class. Stop wasting my time on this laggy confirmation malarkey.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 10, 2016
- Version: 2.0.10
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Valve Corporation
- © 2015 Valve Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.