Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
What's New in Version 2.0.6
Minor bug fixes.
Two stars is generous.
The basic functions of the app work; most of the time at least. It's incredibly slow and buggy, and seems to just get worse every time I update it. It's dead weight to have on your phone. With all the convenience that a mobile device can theoretically provide, it would be faster and less aggravating to go home, turn on your PC and do it on the actual desktop client. I haven't gotten any crashes, but it seems like other reviewers are reporting them.
This is a hot mess of errors and several minutes of lag, and frankly I don't see any advantage for even having the app in tandem with the client. Steam Guard could maybe make it worth it, but this app is so broken I get errors whenever I try to activate it. You can purchase games here if that appeals to you, but I don't see why you'd want to. Better yet, you don't even get notified about chat messages even though the app can support the chat feature.
For reference I'm using iOS 8.4.1 on an iPhone 5s, but it seems like EVERYONE is struggling to get even the most basic of functions to work properly. I only give it two stars because, if Valve actually gave some QA to the app, it could be pretty handy for when you're away from a computer. In it's current state, even one star is too kind.
Overall, I love the app. It makes everyday account tasks less of a pain. For example, I can message friends from anywhere, purchase games from the store, confirm trade actions, and even download games straight to my PC while I'm away (which is great when you're at school/work and you need to download a game that you want to play when you get home). But like everything, the app has a few minor flaws. For instance, the user-interface isn't very appealing and the app runs a little slow with a few bugs here and there. These problems, like I said, are not ground breaking and are simple fixes. Until then, I wouldn't rate this app with five stars. With this being said, I believe this is a must have for anyone who has an account and wants to make those everyday gaming-related tasks a little less annoying. :)
Use to be alright... Has gotten worse
Update* It's been about a year since my review on this app, I have to say the current state it is in is worse then it was a year ago. Sure they added more features like going to the community market, making trades, etc. Even with all of that it still is buggy... Slow... After upgrading my phone to the 6s it's even slower then it was on my 5.
For the most part it works. Say I use swype keyboard or an alternate themed keyboard then app it self rolls out of sync. It use to be every now and then when I send a message it doesn't send, recently it's been happening a lot. There's random typing lagg (rarely) but it has happened more then before. Interface looks sleek,color scheme is nice. I've used this app since it first came out and look wise it has gotten better. But bugs and glitch wise it is slowly getting worse.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 19, 2015
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Valve Corporation
- © 2015 Valve Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.