Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
This update fixes a crash on iOS 6.1
Previously: Added Community Market, Trading, Game Hubs, Discussions, and more to the app. The profile views have been updated with showcases, badges, and more. The Store views have also been updated with new personalization features and user reviews. The new Support site can also be accessed from the app for help with your Steam account and games.
Added a new confirmations feature for confirming trades and market activity.
This app is miles better than it's previous version. This new update makes it MUCH easier to trade items and what not without having to go and get on your PC (or Mac if you're THAT kind of person).
Now that I've covered how good this new update is, I need to talk trash about it to give you a fair view of what I think. It's a little confusing that when I tap on something such as my inventory, there's no feedback showing me that the page is loading; so I ask that you please add a loading bar so I don't tap on something three times to make sure I actually clicked it. Also, the broadcast section is pointless if you can't watch them on the mobile app. I'm not an expert so I don't know how difficult this will be, but it would be great if streams could be viewed in the app (I say this mostly because I want to be the next achievement for watching something on the broadcast section without having to go get on my computer).
So overall, this app is a huge step in the right direction, and I understand that it's still a work in progress. I hope my suggestions are taken into consideration.
Chat messed up & where is wish list?
While using chat when I send a message the screen usually flashes like as if I just took a screenshot also if I am in a different app and a message notification comes up I the. Can't see the message in the steam mobile app.
The app use to let you easily access your wish list but I can't find it now I had to go through my profile to find it after a Steam Mobile notification had told me something was on sale on my wish list.
Other than those problems the app is great
More Practical, But Weird Choices
The Steam mobile app gained more features during the last update, but I have two complaints:
1. The app doesn't feel like it's made for mobile any longer. I might as well navigate the web-site. The UI is far clunkier, and it results in some weird behaviors like being forced to double-click buttons, and certain pages become very difficult to scroll.
2. On the Steam desktop client, your wishlist is under the Store tab. On the mobile app, it's listed under Library. Why the inconsistency? This might seem like a small detail, but it's not isolated — there are many functions that differ from the desktop version, which makes getting around the app a hassle.
I love Steam, and I've spent a small fortune on it. In general, the app is perfectly serviceable, but I don't know that it's any better than it was before this last update.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 03, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Valve Corporation
- © 2015 Valve Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.