Gaming with the SteelSeries Nimbus controller is even better with the companion app. You’ll have instant access to constantly updated charts listing the top free and paid controller-enabled games. You can also sort the lists by your favorite game genre or title. The best new games are just a click away!
The app also guides you through the simple Nimbus controller setup and keeps your controller up-to-date, making sure it's always compatible with your iOS devices.
More Games, More Compatibility
· Explore hundreds of controller-enabled games
· Up-to-date charts, sortable by popularity, genre, recently added and title
· Find a game, click and download from the iTunes App Store
· Keep your Nimbus controller up-to-date with firmware upgrades
· Step-by-step walkthrough of the features of your Nimbus controller
* iPhone 4 and 4s are not supported
- Compliance fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Poor firmware, update on your iPhone???
I have attempted to update this controller on my iPhone & iPad on numerous iOS versions both will pair normally to the device but the companion app installed does not recognize them being connected, I have restored both devices only to re-download this useless application in an attempt to update my controllers firmware. I am having issues pairing multiple controllers on AppleTV in an advertised multiplier game "PhoenixHD", but with no ability to update firmware other than to pair them to your mobile device?? This is silly. Why is there not a companion app for the AppleTV or Mac, I feel these controllers are used more on those platforms despite all the mobile compatible games I'm not carrying a controller around when the phone works great as a mobile controller. Please add a way to update firmware via lightning cable with iTunes on Mac, or via companion app on AppleTV. To connect a controller to a device it is not used with, that can only access wireless connectivity, to download a firmware update just doesn't make sense... At all. Let me guess it will need free storage space on the device to swap the files? Yeah... Broken.
It’s just what you need
This app has the names of all the Compatible games, I haven’t gotten the controller yet so I don’t know much about it but most people only review it bad because it doesn’t work for their game. That is most likely not SteelSeries Fault it is probably the games fault. It does work with big name games like Minecraft, World Of Tanks Blitz, Terraria and more other big company games. It’s the games fault that they have too many different buttons, or the games fault that it doesn’t hook up to Bluetooth Controllers, not SteelSeries fault. It’s compatible with all the games I like except Roblox but that makes sense. Everyone who gives it a bad review is giving it that for a bad reason, this app has no ads! Who even wants to play Fortnite (That was Sarcasm for you guys who really couldn’t tell, But really it’s not that good compared to Minecraft people!)!?
No big/semi-big title games?
Nimbus isn’t compatible with big title games like Fortnite Mobile. Not even PUBG!! Not even Creative Destruction, even though it’s a fairly new game but I mean that’s not the point. The people who run the Steel Series company need to be on top of this stuff! I don’t want to play blocky arcade games which seem to be the only compatible games with the Steel Series Nimbus, I’m sure some people in their 30’s enjoy those games but most gamers are in their early 20’s and those 3 games I mentioned earlier are a must. I hope it’s not something the developers of those games forbid ya know? Like them saying it’s not fair if people use controllers on a mobile game. If that is the case then my apologies but if not please please fix and make the Nimbus compatible with these games!
- 21 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 SteelSeries ApS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.