By Steinway Musical Instruments
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Etude is the ultimate app for learning music on the piano. It's all part of Steinway's new suite of digital tools for the 21st century musician.
If you haven't played piano before, it's never been easier to start. Just find the song you want to play from the in-app music store, download it, and Etude will show you the exact keys to press at each moment. You can slow it down and even practice each hand separately.
With Etude, you'll never have to worry about carrying around bulky paper or flipping pages. You'll appreciate the app's crisp, legible sheet music engraving and how fast it is to add new songs to your collection.
Steinway has teamed up with major music publishers to bring you careful, authentic piano arrangements of your favorite songs.
Etude has everything from classical music to pop hits, showtunes, and themes from movies and TV shows.
But even if you can't find the song you want, just request it and we'll notify you when it's available.
- Built-in MIDI synthesizer lets you hear the piece aloud. Change tempo and toggle parts on and off.
- On-screen keyboard display shows the keys being played, distinguishing each part with separate colors.
- Two ways to see music: sheet music and piano roll visualization.
- Fullscreen button lets you hide everything except for the music.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Updated for Retina Display in iPad 3
- Fixed bug with keyboard not being available in store; added setting to enable BT-100 Bluetooth Page Turner.
Pretty good to learn piano from
This is not really a piano to play on, there are other softwares for that. If you already have a real keyboard or piano and want to learn some classical pieces, this is a really good tool. It highlights the notes on the notation, and shows which keys on the piano belong to the notes being highlighted.
Don't expect it to be easy to learn. This just helps increase your speed of reading.
What I would like is to get a few more free pieces. Also some different generes, add some rock and pop.
I was not able to get to the store, I hope this is still being maintained. I would be a shame to see this software die.
This app is great however I do wish that it played trills, turn arounds, dynamic markings etc. and there could be more music from other genres and artist from today as well and more pieces from classic composers (not necessarily from the classical era) and this is a tiny bug that needs to be fix when I go to the store my keyboard doesn't come up when I want to search it just shows the cursor and asks if I want to paste please fix that.
It is ok
Sheet music is priced reasonably (2.99) compared to buying it in a store, they would sell more if it was less I'm sure. But the biggest down fall I have found is that it does not have a metronome to play along with. I would think that an app like this should have a metronome that would follow the sheet music. If you had the option to turn the bad piano sound on/off and play with a nome that would be better.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 24, 2012
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc.
- © Copyright 2011 Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Linus And Lucy (Piano solo)$1.99
- Don't Stop Believin' ((not specified))$2.99
- Moonlight Sonata (Piano solo)$2.99
- Clair de Lune (Piano solo)$2.99
- Clocks (Piano/Vocal/Chords)$2.99
- Bad Romance ((not specified))$2.99
- Bohemian Rhapsody (Piano/Vocal/Chords)$2.99
- Let It Be (Piano/Vocal/Chords)$2.99
- Moonlight Sonata (Piano solo)$2.99