By Steinway Musical Instruments
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Steinway & Sons, maker of the world’s finest pianos for more than 150 years and a name that is synonymous with excellence in music, has created a full-featured digital metronome for the 21st century musician. Whether you’re a performing artist, music teacher, or music student, this app ensures that you have a fully functional metronome wherever you go.
With Steinway's Metronome, you can dial in the tempo of the piece you're practicing, or just tap along to let the app find it. Customize the time signature, visual indicator, and sound options to your own preferences. You can even change the app's interface based on your personal taste – or to match the wood finish of your instrument. Best of all, it's free!
* Clear, accurate time-keeping
* Displays the correct musical term for the current tempo
* "Tap" mode lets you find the tempo of a piece by tapping along
* Works in both portrait and landscape modes
* Dealer Finder lets you find the exclusive Steinway dealer in your area
* 9 time signature settings: 2/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8.
* 8 wood finishes available: African Cherry Makore, Cherry, East Indian Rosewood, Kewazinga Bubinga, Macassar Ebony, Mahogany, Santos Rosewood, and Walnut
* Interface Sounds switch
* Visual indicator settings: flash on all beats, downbeats, or none.
What's New in Version 1.1.4
- Added 7/8 time signature
- Fixed playback on 12/8ths time signature
I really like this metronome. It's handy and easy to use. I don't have a metronome while I'm at school so this is great! I really like the tap feature allowing you to tap the rhythm of a song and the app will sense the time signature. Only one thing keeps me from giving this app five stars. Every so often, it will stop working. When I hit play, the beats scroll by at the top but there is no clicking noise. To fix it, I had to delete the app and re-download. Not too terribly horrible but it does get annoying when I go to practice and have to delete the app and re-download it before practicing.
This app is a great tool for playing and recording music. The interface is beautiful and works great and the metronome has many useful features, including time signatures, tap tempo, and more. The ability to change the wood finish is a very unique addition that just adds to my five star rating. I have never had any problems with it crashing on my third generation iPod Touch running iOS 5.0.1. Overall a great app. I would've paid $5 for it, but it's free! Highly recommended for beginner to professional musicians.
It works just as a metronome should. It's loud enough for me to hear while I'm practicing my violin and singing which is great. I love the fact that you also have a choice of wood finish. It is a very nice touch. I highly recommend it to any musician, whether you are a pro, amateur, or a student.
For those who are complaining about no sound, it's most likely because you set your iPod/iPhone to silent mode or you lowered the sound too much. I did have the same problem, but then I realized my mistake.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 28, 2011
- Version: 1.1.4
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc.
- © Copyright 2010 Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.