Stellaluna is the heartwarming tale of a lost young fruit bat whose world is literally turned upside down when she is adopted by a family of birds, and finally finds her way safely home to her mother and friends. This Living Books interactive adaptation by Wanderful Books of the award-winning book “Stellaluna” by Janell Cannon is an invaluable tool in sharing universal themes of upbringing, isolation, acceptance, and friendship with young learners.
• More than a dozen animated surprises are waiting to be discovered on each page.
• Words are highlighted as they are read aloud.
• Even small children can find their way around, or use the "Read to Me" mode where no navigation is necessary.
• A special quiz section has all sorts of fun, fact-filled answers presented by Stellaluna herself - with three levels of difficulty to choose from.
• Parental tips included to help you get the most out of this interactive storybook.
• The full 46 page Stellaluna Classroom Activities guide is available as an in-app purchase. The Classroom Activities for Stellaluna have been created to help develop connections between this interactive storybook and the ongoing activities in your classroom. You will find there the activity plans, reproducibles, extensions, a thematic unit, annotated bibliography, and additional teaching resources, as well as technical, practical, and curricular support. In addition, the activities align strongly with the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
An easy toggle is provided to switch between English and Portuguese.
Optimized for full 64-bit performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Living Book.
My children loved this computer game when they were little. We still have the CD game, the book, and the little stuffed Stellaluna that (thanks to Velcro) hangs by her feet.
Thank you so much for updating.
By the way, my kids are 15 & 19, so saving this for grandchildren later on in the far future. 😉
When I was a kid I remember playing with living story books on our very first computer. My daughter is only 1.5 so she's not very iPad savvy - yet but I bought this book anyway and so far we both have had fun listening to the story and making the characters come to life!
A Fabulous App
Unlike many interactive storybooks, this App is much more...it’s a musical adventure that can be played over and over again!
- Software MacKiev
- 316.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 The Software MacKiev Company. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- The Classroom Activities Guide $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.