Stellarium Mobile Sky Map
By Noctua Software Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The most realistic sky map to observe stars, planets and constellations!
Stellarium Mobile Sky Map is a fully-featured planetarium for your phone. It shows a realistic and accurate night sky map, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on iOS featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
What's New in Version 1.23
- Minor changes
I set this up on my iPad and mounted it to my dobsonian telescope to use as a star chart and it has been pretty amazing so far. I don't have it set to motion so I just scroll on the screen to where I'm looking and star hop using stellarium to show me where I'm at by comparing it to my field of view. It's not flawless, but it's better than acceptable for finding deep sky objects, tracking the planets, and even satellites.
One thing I wish was offered was a telrad reticle overlay. That would make this app 100 times easier to use than it already is. The ability to see the size relation on screen and compare it through my telrad would enable me to speed up my star hopping faster than using a goto mount I'd bet.
I only gave four stars instead of five because in motion it seems to be off quite a bit although still useful, and because I feel that adding a telrad reticle overlay would then make it perfect. At least for me.
Not sure if working
11 pm used app to find the milkyway
But realized that i saw the moon in the wrong spot in the app because the moon was actually behind me not where the app was showing. Sooo i dont know if the milky way is in the right spot either...
No way to contact the stellarium company
And yes my gps location was all on/updated
Hi. Thanks for your great app. I am using it for 3 or 4 years. But i can't use it well on my iPhone 7 plus! It's slow and have lags. Please Optimize this great app for 7 plus. thank you.😊
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 18, 2016
- Version: 1.23
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Seller: Noctua Software Limited
- © 2015 Fabien Chereau et al. (GNU GPL)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.