Step2Step Physics - Mechanics
By Nerd Island Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Why spend thousands of dollars on a private physics tutor when you can receive the same feedback on your iPad for a fraction of the cost?
✭✭✭✭✭ - "A Winning App - Step 2 Step should be in the electronic backpack of every high school physics student." - www.physicsclassroom.com
LEARN PHYSICS WITH STEP-BY-STEP TUTORING
Created by physics teachers to help students prepare for tests, Step2Step Physics - Mechanics walks students through 38 question types, with 4 versions per question type and a total of more than 350 question steps. If a student makes a mistake on a step, they are provided with feedback that is targeted to that specific mistake. This is the same feedback that students would receive if they worked with a private physics tutor.
Step2Step Physics employs a variety of intuitive user interfaces designed to encourage “physics thinking”. Some of these include:
• Dragging labels onto a problem statement
• Tapping arrows to choose a direction
• Dragging terms to build an equation
• Typing in a numerical answer, and many more!
A SEMESTER'S WORTH OF QUESTIONS
Step2Step Physics - Mechanics contains question types of varying difficulty and complexity on the topics covered during the ﬁrst semester of an algebra-based Newtonian mechanics course (high school or university):
• Constant Motion Finding Velocity
• Constant Motion Finding Time***
• Constant Motion Finding Displacement
• Accelerated Motion Finding Time
• Accelerated Motion Finding Final Velocity
• Accelerated Motion Finding Displacement
• Accelerated Motion Finding Acceleration
• Dropping a Ball Off of a Cliff
• Launching a Ball Vertically Up From the Ground
• Launching a Ball Vertically Off of a Cliff
2D Kinematics & Vectors:
• Vector Addition 1***
• Vector Addition 2
• Vector Addition 3
• Vector Addition 4
• Rolling a Ball Horizontally Off of a Cliff***
• Throwing a Ball Up at an Angle From the Ground
• Throwing Up at an Angle From a Cliff
• The Acceleration of an Elevator
• Dragging a Box Along a Surface with Friction***
• Dragging a Box Along a Surface at an Angle with Friction
• Pushing a Box Up a Ramp
• Pushing a Box Up a Ramp with Friction
• Finding the Acceleration of a Horizontal Atwood System (2 Masses and a Pulley)***
• Finding the Acceleration of a Horizontal Atwood System with Friction
• Finding the Acceleration of a Simple Vertical Atwood System
• Finding the Acceleration of a Ramp Atwood System
• Finding the Acceleration of a Ramp Atwood System with Friction
Energy & Momentum:
• Energy of a Ball Thrown Up
• Energy of a Ball Falling Down
• Energy of a Box Sliding Down a Ramp, Sliding to a Stop at the Bottom***
• Head-on Inelastic Collision with a Stationary Target
• Head-on Inelastic Collision Between Two Moving Objects
• Using the Impulse-Momentum Theorem to determine the force required to accelerate a car
Circular Motion & Universal Gravitation:
• Roller Coaster Vertical Loop
• Driving a Car Around a Circular Path***
• Twirling a Ball in a Conical Pendulum
• Driving a Car Around a Banked Turn With Friction
• Universal Gravitation, Solving for Force***
***Available in Step2Step Physics LITE
Individual progress can be tracked either on the user’s personal iPad, or on a classroom iPad using the "switch user" feature. Students can email progress reports to their teachers.
THE NERD ISLAND STUDIOS TEACHING TEAM
Nerd Island Studios, LLC is a group of teachers dedicated to creating apps for use in the classroom. We constantly test our products with our own students with the goal of improving the learning process.
What's New in Version 1.5
By popular demand: Practice Mode!
Practice Mode allows users to quickly go through each problem.
• Scoring is disabled
• Mistakes result in going back to the previous step instead of all the way back to the beginning of the problem
I love this APP!! This has really helped my review of physics. My only question is when are you going to produce another APP for other physics subjects such as circuits, or electricity and magnetism, or optics? When you do, I'm in!!
Best and only app I ever bought!!!!
I love this app. Definitely is helping. I wished they still made apps and continued working on this one. If there were more like this, then it would be one of the best!
Can be alright, but needs major improvement
Can be useful but a lot of the time, it simply tells you it's wrong then sends you back to the start. Many times (especially towards the later units) it has mistakes making the level impossible to finish.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 04, 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 46.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NERD ISLAND STUDIOS, LLC
- © 2012 Nerd Island Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.