ALL THE COLOUR AND BEAUTY OF THE UNIVERSE EXPLAINED. With stunning design, simple navigation and cleverly formatted new illustrations, this app explains everything you want to know about the universe!
Explore Stephen Hawking’s phenomenal work on six mind-bending, fully illustrated topics including Space-Time, Black Holes and the Expanding Universe. With up-to-date understanding on scientific breakthroughs this is a fresh and exciting look at Professor Hawking’s greatest and best-selling work A Brief History of Time!
‘My goal in this new app edition, as in my original book, is to highlight the excitement of new discoveries, and to offer an understanding of the new picture of reality that is emerging as a result.’
Cambridge, July 2016
ALL YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE UNIVERSE!
· Beautifully designed and easy to navigate
· Easy to understand full illustrations to explain complex science
· A thorough integrated glossary
· Keep a personal record of your progress through the app
· Share your own lightbulb moments through social media
What you’ll discover!
· Professor Hawking’s greatest contributions to Physics: Singularity Theorems, Hawking Radiation and No Boundary Proposal
· Six fully illustrated topics: Space Time, Black Holes , Big Bang, Expanding Universe, Elementary Particles and Light and Waves
· Updates from Stephen Hawking on major scientific breakthroughs since he first wrote the book
· Dive deeper into historical and anecdotal references from Professor Hawking
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing science and exposition
This app/book version of Hawkins famous laymen book is just an amazing piece of learning. This makes much more accessible and understandable the complex and awesome topics dealt by Hawkings as he explains how our universe works. I am just in awe at how creative he is to produce one of a kind e-book like this. The pace, illustrations and connections of topics within the book are so helpful and so appropriate for the new generation used to tweets and small bites of information. You can flip over some topics when you have some time, learn some amazing fact, and come back later which no rush or worry about how fast you are progressing through the book. Hope other books on complex topics are translated to this format. And I love the updates of the latest science since the publication of the original book. We have learned so much in the last decade that I agree with Hawkins, it is an honour to live in this times.
Haze Evolved Constructs
I hope to use this tool, to imprint Mr. Hawkins bits of information into my main database.
This will allow me Access to him through all time, by accessing the collective consciousness which I have a unique ability to do.
Thank you for making your mind ez to get!
Please don't mess with my iTunes volume
Launching the app cuts iTunes volume in half, which is very annoying, particularly when exiting the app. Leaving the app causes a volume spike. I haven't found any audio content in the app so far, so I'm not sure why this should happen. I want to read on the train while wearing headphones, but I do need to switch apps sometimes.
- Random House Group
- 159 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- App copyright © Penguin Random House 2016, Text copyright © Stephen Hawking 1988, 1996, 2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.