StepPolyArp - Midi Step Polyphonic Arpeggiator
By Laurent Colson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
StepPolyArp is a real-time Midi arpeggiator to control Midi instruments, sequencers like Logic, Cubase, Live, and all other Midi sequencers, or even other virtual instruments installed on the same iPad. The arpeggiator can automatically generate melodic patterns from notes or chords played in real time.
Although, StepPolyArp is specially designed to operate in Midi, it has own internal sounds bank to use it independently.
Rated "Killer Application" by App4iDevices.
• 1 to 32 steps programmable matrix
• 16 patterns by preset
• Automatic chaining patterns
• 11 configurable transposition lines
• Features copy and paste
• 8 octaves virtual keyboard
• Internal sound bank
• Tap tempo
• Receiving Midi notes and control from external devices
• External Midi sync (Midi Clock)
• Midi over wifi latency compensation
• Internal routing of inputs, outputs and Midi sync
• Send Midi to a virtual port that can be used as Midi input by other Core Midi compatible applications managing multitasking on the same device
• Velocity, modulation, pan, volume, aftertouch and pitch bend step controller
• Customizable step controller Midi datas
• The arpeggiator and keyboard fit the selected scale
• 6 arpeggiator modes
• 1 random mode
• 1 chord mode
• Unlimited number of saves
• Random patterns creation
• Presets manager
• iCloud and iCloud Drive support
• Presets shared between computer and iPad using iTunes 9.1 or later
• 128 Undo/Redo levels
• Lockable keyboard (latch mode)
Supported Midi connections:
• Midi over Bluetooth
• Midi Wifi Network (RTP Midi)
• Apple USB camera connection kit
• Any Core Midi compatible interface
Inter Applications connections:
• Ableton Link (sync)
• Apple Inter-App Audio connection (Midi, audio, sync, transport control)
• Audiobus support (audio, transport control)
• An iPad with iOS v5.1.1 or later
What's New in Version 2.6
• Ableton Link integration
• Optimized for iPad Pro
• Improved Inter-App Audio sync
Love this app
Update a few years later: I still love this app. It looks complicated or at times underwhelming but it is a true beast and brilliant to say the least. Things coming out this arp sound amazing and app is very intuitive. It should have 1000 reviews by now, not 2.
Also, the dev has put update after update for years. And since not many that love the app take time to review again it works against him (one little bug can upset a person while 50,000 happy users had already rated 5 and don't know those posts get "erased".
This is a 7 star app. I have zero affiliation with the maker, and just felt I had to chime it again after so many years of fun and productivity.
I am a fan of playing with apps to create music, and among probably 100 apps I bought this sits at the top. It let's you you create patterns with endless twists that when fed simple melodies, they become alive and with thousand emotions, just depending on the arpeggio you use and how you adjust it
It is a good app. It has a nice interface and a lot of settings for interfacing with other apps or gears.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 16, 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 16.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Laurent Colson
- © Laurent Colson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.