STEPS app lets you share any place in the world on one big map in an efficient, accessible and simple way. Our simple UI makes sharing information a quick, and hopefully wonderful, experience.
What makes STEPS unique is that everyone can put absolutely anything on the map, which makes it possible to tag & find:
- Your favorite coffee/wine/burger brand.
- Beautiful hidden places in nature; lookout points, springs…
- Urban treasures; graffiti, quiet places, etc.
- Accurate descriptions of places, such as accessibility or vegan-friendly
- Toilets, ATMs, WIFI, etc.
- Anything else you might think of
STEPS core feature is the #hashtag which lets you easily tag and search for things and places. Currently, in order to guarantee the validity of the information, places can be added to the map only if the person uploading the information is currently at the spot.
STEPS app allows every user, STEPPER, to add information about the place they are currently at, for all the people that will arrive at that location, therefore sharing the information they have with other users.
- STEPPERs can create a new place on the map by "stepping" on the place and adding a point on the map.
- On every point, an unlimited amount of comments, pictures, and critiques can be added, in order to share all the information with the rest of the community.
- With a #hashtag, STEPPERS can give a brief description of the place, making it easy for others to find.
- STEPPERS can search for any information they may desire.
- STEPPERS can share points with their friends.
- Various bug fixes
- "Step Here" button removed
- Contact Us in the login screen
- Search history bug fixed
- Hyperlinks and phone numbers in comments added
- Bigger On Boarding
- Push notifications
Ratings and Reviews
I really want to like this app, but...
I love the idea of this app, but the thing that is supposed to drive it (crowd sourced information) is exactly the problem with it - many of the points of interest are random pictures of nothing (like someone’s steering wheel, or a guy’s leg), and others are just a picture of random people with no further comment or explanation.
The one redeeming quality is that some users highlight murals and such that would not be found on a standard google map.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thank you for honestly reviewing us and for loving our idea.
STEPS is currently at a very early stage, many of the users are not familiar with the concept yet and therefore some points of interest are indeed meaningless, we’re working very hard on this issue and plan to remove these points from the map in the near future as well as guiding other users about the right way to use the app. Please note that there is a report feature that makes it possible to prompt us with POIs that needs to be deleted. Any app and idea have its labor pains, and this is an issue we’re trying to fix.
Regarding the using Gmail or Facebook, we’re currently working on a login system that doesn’t require using it and just registering with email, this feature will be released in the forthcoming updates.
We’re available for any questions you might have, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to keep being in touch and hear more feedback via email.
Again, thank you for using STEPS and reviewing us.
- STEPS SOLUTIONS LTD
- 91.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 STEPS Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.