Steps by Reactable is a small yet powerful MIDI sequencer that allows you to create complex rhythmic patterns in a surprising new way. Forget piano rolls and experiment with Steps’ inspiring dials. With Steps you can control any MIDI compatible app, send MIDI over network to your laptop or any other compatible device, and even synchronize external hardware analog synths such as Korg Volcas or Pocket Operators via an audio cable.
- Plug and play MIDI-out system automatically sends to all available MIDI input ports and our own virtual port.
- Bluetooth LE MIDI support
- Audiobus 3 Support as MIDI and Audio Sender
- Connect your iDevice with an external MIDI interface and control MIDI hardware.
- Synchronize external hardware synths such as Korg Volca or Pocket operators via the audio output.
- A carefully designed user interface that allows you to quickly switch between performance to editing mode.
- Play together with Ableton Link and sync multiple apps and devices over WiFi.
- Global Swing function (50% - 75%) - applied automatically to eight and sixteenth notes.
- Save and recall sequences, seamlessly during playback.
- Global bpm control ranging from 20 to 999 BPM.
- Global Gate level allows global control of note duration.
- Global MIDI velocity control.
- Global Glide function applies pitch bend to small distances between adjacent steps (if the synth being controlled supports pitch bend).
- Global transpose ribbon allows for easy transposition of the entire pattern.
- Step pitch preview function (available while transport is stopped).
Now supporting iPhones and iPads.
Ratings and Reviews
Another Amazing Product!
This with the SNAP drum app seem to represent a new direction for apps....performance!
How many piano rolls does a person need?
This is no piano roll or old school sequencer.
How nice would it be to rework whole sequences with a swipe of finger?
Intuitive to the point of a primal connection with the tactile sensation and music alterations.
Love this app like all this company's app.
MIDI channel and cc control options and maybe add another whole sequences to have like 4 pages of steps - 1 each color and control more than 1 app, chord creations, or act as an LFO with cc control.
Pretty limited in practice, developer doesn’t respond to email... confused why this app got rave reviews.
Is that all?
Quite a disappointment. After the glowing review in CDM, I was expecting so much more. But this is basically an eight(!) step monophonic sequencer with a gratuitously confusing UI. I've used plenty of other music software, and I've read the online "manual" for this, so I'm pretty sure I'm not missing the point completely. And I've tried the presets, which are all useless: either simple rhythms on one note, or simple scales. If this app is useful for anything interesting, as Peter Kirn sure seems to think it is, then the secret must be buried in some hidden setting I couldn't discover.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.