Steps Pedometer & Step Counter Activity Tracker
By Supercritical Flow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Free for a limited time for launch! Get it now! ***
Track how far you walk and how many steps you take. Always on, works on all iPhones.
Steps is a pedometer and activity tracker. It shows you just how much you're moving in a simple, elegant way. Set a goal. As you walk, the colors change to show your progress like a sunrise. No noise, no extra gadget to wear and nothing to distract you.
Everyone should walk 10,000 steps every day for their health, but many of us don't go that far. With Steps, you can easily track how far you go every day, set a goal, and get moving!
- Clear, uncluttered design and changing color tells you at a glance how far you've gone today
- Easily set and adjust goals
- Calorie tracking, customized for your body and activity
- Track and share your full activity history
ALWAYS ON, WORKS WITH THE PHONE YOU HAVE
- Always on and tracking, no need to press start and stop buttons
- Works anywhere on your body
- Works with any iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6 or greater
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
To track your activity in the background, Steps keeps track of your location. We've gone to great lengths to minimize battery use and make sure your charge still lasts all day, but there's no getting around some impact on your battery.
*** A note on location ***
Steps needs access to your location in order to track your movement in the background. If Steps doesn't update while it's in the background, please open the Settings app and go to Privacy -> Location Services. Make sure that you have enabled Location Services for Steps -- this should resolve the issue. Thanks!
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Fix a bug that could cause gaps in tracking.
New in version 1.1:
- Daily notification. A mid-morning notification telling you how far you went yesterday. You can turn these off if you don't want them -- but we think you might come to rely on them like we have. This is a free update.
- Calorie tracking. We used the latest research to build in calorie tracking that's personalized to you, how far, and how fast you walk. Available as an in-app purchase.
- A number of bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Design refinements including subtler buttons.
Amazing at first…
An outstanding app, Steps is definitely worth keeping. It is a loyal diary of the steps you take each day and more, delivered on a dynamically colorful canvas. I recommend it to every person I pass.
But recently, I upgraded to include the calorie tracker and after doing so it stopped tracking how many miles I traversed. What happened?
Also, I honestly have to question the accuracy of the calorie tracker. On one day, I did 300 steps in 12 minutes and it said I burned 15 calories. Yesterday, I did 1,500 steps in 15 minutes and it said I burned 21 calories. Seems like I should have burned a lot more yesterday, walking at quite a faster pace, no? So the calorie tracker seems to only linearly take time into account in relation to calories; it does not factor in how many STEPS you take in that time period (your pace). But I still will keep using it for cross-reference, comparing its readings to the calories myfitnesspal says I should have burned at a specific pace for however long.
So I would not purchase the calorie tracker until they fix its accuracy and the effect it has on the distance tracker. Right now, it appears to be more of a downgrade than an upgrade. If that gets fixed soon, though, I will surely come back and update my rating for this lovely app!
P.S. If the app gets updated soon, I think it would be nice to be able to use your own color palette for the display; or maybe just multiple color scheme options. Simply a suggestion!
I needed a way to boost my metabolism and Steps helps me to reach my daily goal of 6,000 steps. In the couple of weeks of using the app I have trimmed off five pounds! I commute 25 miles and Steps recognizes the drive and picks up counting my walk from the car to office. Although I use the GPS feature that drains battery faster it does not use any data on my cell plan. The trade off of having to charge my phone one more time a day is worth the extra boost of energy that is the fruit of a more active lifestyle. I went from sedentary to four 15 minute walks on my breaks and would have quit if not using Steps. The in app purchase of calorie count is worth it. Now everyday I get a motivating and encouraging alert in the morning that propels me toward my goal. No annoying ads. I did a little research and am glad I picked this program.
The app does exactly what it says it will do. It counts steps fairly accurately! The only reason I don't like the app, & the reason I'll be deleting it is that it just absolutely KILLS my battery. I find myself having to charge my phone twice if not 3 times as often as I used to. I get that an app like this is going to use more battery power than normal, but the amount it uses is utterly ridiculous! If they come up with a method to just use phone movement (although I know that might severely hinder step accuracy) w/o the use of the GPS then I'd definitely download it again! 😊
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 12, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Phillip Kast
- © 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Calorie Tracking$0.99