Stick Around by Tony Vincent & MorrisCooke
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play, design, and share sorting and labeling puzzles! Stick Around comes with an assortment of puzzles, including ordering decimals and classifying rocks. It's the player's job to drag the stickers from the tray to their correct spots on the background before time runs out.
The best feature of Stick Around is that you can create your very own puzzles in just 3 steps:
1. Use drawing tools and/or import photos to make a background.
2. Add stickers with text, images, and/or drawings.
3. Indicate where stickers belong by making an answer key.
Teachers can make puzzles for their students to practice content. Students can program their own study aids. Parents can design customized puzzles for their children.
There are loads of possible uses for Stick Around for any age level, from toddler to college!
Ideas for puzzles include:
- place locations on a map
- tag parts of the body
- place items where they belong on a chart
- complete a graphic organizer
- annotate the water cycle
- label people in a photo
- diagram a sentence
- associate powers with the branches of government
- sequence events on a timeline
- associate words and definitions
- label the parts of a plant
- put words in alphabetical order
- fill in a Venn diagram
- match photos of animals to their habitats
Stick Around is designed by educators and is packed with powerful features:
- copy from and export puzzles to Dropbox, GDrive, WebDAV & email
- record audio instructions for your puzzles
- access a suite of drawing tools
- set an answer key for your puzzles
- import screencasts made with Explain Everything™ and use them as instructions for your puzzles (puzzles can be exported to Explain Everything™ and recorded/annotated on)
- import projects made with Explain Everything™ and turn them into puzzles
- play with or without a timer
- attach audio, additional text, and web addresses to stickers
- save a screenshot of a completed puzzle with imprinted time and attempts
- import and trim images from your Photo Library, Dropbox, GDrive and WebDAV
- new features and improvements in upcoming updates
Follow Stick Around to download new puzzles that can help make learning stick!
Have a puzzle you'd like to share? Use the hashtag #stickaroundapp!
You can share puzzles with others via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, GDrive, WebDAV, and "Open in..."
Please note: The receiving iPad must have Stick Around installed in order to play.
What's New in Version 1.12
Marvelous Content Creator
This app combines the best elements of creation and innovation. It is a brilliant concept and the best use of app smashing that I have seen so far in the apps store. The integration of several cloud platforms is another area where this app rise above others. The way it allows resources to be brought together from several platforms into one place is another bonus because it maximizes the options for content creation. This is their first version, so I imagine it is only going to get better over time. I look forward to seeing where Tony Vincent's imagination take us.
Be creative with it at any level!
My favorite thing about this app is how you can make it your own. You get to be the creative genius behind your own learning. Make your puzzles really simple or as complex as you want. Every puzzle I make I end up finding a new and different way to teach. My puzzles become very different from each other and I end up educating myself along the way. Sharing puzzles is great and making puzzles using my own graphics and ideas is terrific. What a great tool for any age any level!
Still nothing like it
Students love using this app! It has helped so many kids learn and practice content. A 5th grader asked me why he would play his own puzzle after creating it because he knew all the answers. I told him that’s exactly the point! The process of making a puzzle is where the learning happens.
And thanks to MorrisCooke for keeping Stick Around updated and squashing bugs!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 08, 2014
- Version: 1.12
- Size: 85.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MorrisCooke sp. z o.o.
- © 2013-2014 MorrisCooke and Tony Vincent Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.