Self-improvement. Powered by Behavioral Science.
stickK is the world’s most powerful goal-setting platform created by behavioral economists from Yale University. Designed to help you achieve your goals, stickK leverages the power of incentives and loss aversion to your advantage.
So whether you’re the everyday slacker trying to get your life in order, the casual smoker who is looking to quit once and for all, or a passionate dreamer who has trouble materializing projects — stickK is the best social accountability tool to help you stick(K) to your word, regardless of the goal!
• Over $37,000,000 on the line
• Over 26,000,000 cigarettes not smoked
• Over 400,000 Commitment Contracts created
• Over 1,000,000 workouts completed
HOW STICKK WORKS
1. Think it. — What’s your goal?
2. Define it. — Describe the actions you’re going to take to get there.
3. Materialize it! — Make it a Commitment Contract.
Commitment Contracts are the magic behind stickK that will help you stick to your word. It’s the remedy for procrastination that is backed by over 20 years of behavioral economic research and over 10 years of experience. Oh, and did we mention they’re completely free to create?
• A Commitment Contract is a voluntary, deliberate and binding agreement between *present you* and *future you.*
• By creating a Commitment Contract, you put your goal in writing, set a deadline, and give yourself additional incentives to achieve it.
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!
Our 10+ years of experience show us that you are 300% more likely to achieve your goal if you put money on the line. Add Stakes to your Commitment Contract and you’ll increase your chances of success. If you're unsuccessful at your goal, you choose where that money goes. Whether it’s a:
• Friend or Foe (a coworker, your mom, that 4th grade bully - choose anyone!)
• Charity (from a list of 15+ 501(c)(3) organizations)
or our most popular option...
• Anti-Charity (an organization you fervently oppose)
Make an organization you despise work for you.
Research shows that people work harder to ensure that their money never falls into the wrong hands.
Our most popular option, Anti-Charity, allows you to select an organization or foundation that you oppose – or one which promotes values that are contrary to your own – as the recipient of your lost stakes. Make an organization that you despise work for you to increase your chances of success by 630%.
ADD *EXTRA* ACCOUNTABILITY
• Ask friends and family to come support you on your quest!
• Select a Referee that can verify your Reports on your goal.
• Upload pictures to share your progress with your friends and family.
• Track your path from start to finish and achieve behavioral change by recording your thoughts, comments and milestones in your Commitment Journal.
GET INSPIRED! JOIN A COMMUNITY OF 600,000+ USERS
With a vibrant network of over 600,000 users, stickK’s Communities provide an unrivaled level of support, motivation and inspiration. See what other like-minded goal setters are committing to, motivate people like you with your creative Commitments and share your progress with them!
Our Communities include:
• Diet & Healthy Eating
• Education & Knowledge
• Exercise & Fitness
• Family & Relationships
• Green Initiatives
• Money & Finance
• Weight Loss
• Sports, Hobbies & Recreation
• Health & Lifestyle
No matter what your goal is - learning a language, losing weight, quitting smoking, watching less TV or exercising more often - stickK can help you achieve it.
The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, Bloomberg, Esquire, The Economist, NPR, LA Times, The Telegraph (UK), Men’s Health, Fast Company, … and lots more!
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at support@stickK.com.
We've rearranged the app to make it easier to update your account settings and keep track of your Commitments.
• New users can hit the ground running with their first Commitment with our new in-app How it Works Tutorial
• Make easy changes to your profile information with our updated Account Info page
• Keep better track of your Reports with our revamped *and customizable* Notifications Settings
• Add, edit or delete your credit card directly from the app’s new Payment Methods feature
• Simplified Privacy Settings to keep your information safe and secure
• General bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using stickK, please take a minute to write us a review. It helps us help you!
Ratings and Reviews
Cool concept but too many bugs
At first I thought this sounded like a good idea. Something that would encourage me to stick with my plan to meet my goals sounded wonderful. So I signed up. Two goals. This app doesn't work properly. Actually the Stickk website has issues too. Right off the bat, I didn't get any reminder emails to update my reports. The website didn't remind me, nor did the app notify me if I had a report due. I contacted them and was taken through a series of checks to see if I had everything set up correctly. I did. So I ended up setting my own reminders in my iCal so I wouldn't forget to submit my reports. The only email reminders I got were AFTER I submitted my report...at that point it would remind me. And I NEVER got reminders from the app either. I don't have much patience for such a buggy system. I mean, seriously, aren't the Stickk people responsible for making sure their system works??? I never missed a report so I didn't lose any money, but I was very put off by the problems. I won't be doing this again.
We're very sorry to hear about the issues that you had receiving your Report Reminders. We completely understand how important these reminders are for keeping stickK users on track to hit their goals, and we are more than happy to help make sure you don't run into this issue again.
We are aware of a recent issue that temporarily caused Report Reminders to be delayed or not sent. This was immediately addressed by our tech team who was able to fix the issue to ensure Report Reminders continued sending out in a timely manner. If you find that you're still having trouble getting these reminders, can you reach back out to our support team by emailing support@stickK.com and referencing this review? We'll be able to look into this further from there.
Update-Don’t bother with this, horrible
After posting previous review I did finally get a response. They were very helpful and refunded my money. For that reason I did up their rating from 1 to 3 stars.
Customer support is non existent. Was charged $25 even though I checked in. Have tried to contact them going on three weeks about how to close my account and make sure they no longer have access to my credit card number. Y’all are better off going a real life support group more effective and it’s free.
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review and alert us of this issue. First off, we sincerely apologize that you had trouble getting in touch with our Customer Support Team. We pride ourselves on delivering users with top-rate Customer Support and are upset to hear that this was not your experience - users should never have trouble getting in contact with us. Can you please contact us immediately at support@stickK.com so that we can take care of any outstanding requests you may have (e.g. issue a refund, remove your payment details, etc.)?
The stickK Team
Great app overall
First off, fantastic app overall - really helps me get things done. One thing I’d like to see changed is the option of setting the “end of commitment” date to the same day or the next day rather than two days after the commitment. Sometimes I want to get a particular task done by the end of the day with a reminder from stickk that evening or the next day rather than two days afterward. Thanks for making this app/website!
- stickK.com, LLC
- 66.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 stickK.com, LLC - All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.