Still - Meditation Timer & Tracker
By Philip McCluskey
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Still is the perfect minimalist meditation timer to help you cultivate and grow your mindfulness practice.
* Saves your meditation sessions to the Mindfulness section of the Health app.
* Select the length of your meditation session from 1 to 90 minutes.
* Choose an optional chime to ring once to signal a new phase of your meditation, or periodically during the session to bring you back to the present.
* Select your favorites from 5 carefully chosen bells.
* See the last 12 months of your meditation sessions at a glance.
* Still displays meditation sessions from any app that records data to HealthKit.
* Meditate discretely with the Apple Watch app.
* Set a notification to remind yourself to meditate at the same time tomorrow.
* See quotes from your favorite mindfulness teachers on completion.
* Still remembers your settings and defaults to them the next time you open the app.
Practicing meditation reduces stress and improves our wellbeing. Let Still help you to achieve peace and inner calm.
Questions or feature requests? Send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can sign up to receive email updates: https://tinyletter.com/mcclux
What's New in Version 1.5
This fixes two bugs: an issue with HealthKit permissions and a sorting issue on the recent sessions screen.
Perfect Except for one Fatal Flaw
I was blown away by this app initially. I have been looking for a simple meditation timer to use on my Apple Watch that connects with HealthKit's Mindfulness Minutes. You'd be surprised, but there aren't that many out there. Lots of timers, not many that have a Watch version and that are compatible with HealthKit.
This app is great except for one fatal flaw that has made it unusable in its current state... when I log a meditation session using my Apple Watch, it counts it as "Exercise" time and my watch starts counting calories and exercise minutes and logging those things to HealthKit. This causes me other health data to be skewed and incorrect. I'm not burning calories or exercising when I meditate. I turned off all HealthKit privileges for the app except for Mindfulness Minutes in the hopes that I could fix the problem, but nothing works. I'm assuming it has something to do with how the Watch counts time in the background, perhaps tapping into the Workouts function of the Watch?
I really hope this issue can be fixed cause I love this app otherwise and want to be able to use it.
great for your two-a-days
I chant twice a day and love this minimal timer that solves my problem of the iPhone stopwatch/timer fading to black as my phone sleeps. This app's intro chime/bell helps me begin, the intereval chimes help keep you going, and subtely lets you know you're done. Then, there's a mild satisfaction being able to look back and track your discipline. Thank you and if you do ever wish to poll users for more feature ideas, I have a couple.
Exactly what I've been looking for!
This is the simple, clean meditation app not loaded down with guided meditation IAP that I've been looking for! Many thanks to the awesome Developer. In a future update can there be a small IAP option to buy you a beer or some tea to help fund your continued development of this??
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 17, 2017
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 33.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Philip McCluskey
- © 2015 Philip McCluskey
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.