If you want to quickly freeze the image on the screen and avoid accidental touch or rotation, then this app is for you. You can hold your phone or tablet whatever way you like without worrying about touching the screen and image moving away. The image will remain on the screen with its orientation locked.
Below are a few situations that you will find Still Screen app extremely helpful:
- Use it on your phone when viewing your shopping list image in the store. Hold your phone in whatever way you like and the shopping list stays on your screen.
- Freeze the screen when you are passing your phone to other people to see an image. You have surely experienced that people accidentally touched the screen and moved away from the intended image. Use Still Screen app to avoid similar situation in future.
- You want to give your phone to a cashier to scan a coupon bar code but don’t want him or her to accidentally touch the coupon image and move away from the screen. Again, use Still Screen app to freeze the image of coupon before giving it to cashier.
- Use it to freeze the image of your boarding pass before boarding the plane.
- You want to trace something from an image of your iPad. Use Still Screen to freeze the image temporarily during tracing.
Ratings and Reviews
One of my essentials
I work in VFX, graphic design and photography in Los Angeles, Australia and East Asia and I use this app daily at work and at home!! Totally unique when I first downloaded it and have had no reason to replace it.
With the introduction of the iPhone X is the homebuttonless device, and the app sticks.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. On iPhone X, please swipe up from the bottom of screen in order to achieve the same functionality of home button on iPhone 8 or older models.
Not what I expected
Only freezes your screen for viewing a single photo. Was looking for disabling touch while using other apps.
Developer Response ,
The app description clearly states that it is intended to disable touchscreen only when viewing images within the app. No third party iOS app can disable the touch for other apps due to the operating system security requirements enforced by iOS.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.