Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
By Stitcher, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Top 50 iPhone Apps - TIME Magazine
- Top 5 News Apps - Apple
Listen to your favorite news, comedy, sports and talk radio shows and podcasts ON DEMAND from your iPhone or iPad. Discover the best of NPR, CNN, Fox, BBC, WSJ, ESPN, This American Life & Serial, Joe Rogan, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Fresh Air, Freakonomics, Radiolab and over 40,000 shows, podcasts and live stations. Change the way you listen to radio - on your schedule, not the schedule of traditional stations.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
CNET: “Stitcher provides a slick solution to those looking for customized audio programming - it's to news and information what Pandora is to music.”
BUSINESS WEEK: “Web outfits like Pandora and Stitcher broadcast portable and mobile content that makes Sirius look overpriced and stodgy.”
GIZMODO: “Stitcher collects and stitches together spoken word radio content...Think of it as your local public radio station, times 400.”
MACWORLD: “Stitcher Radio is Remarkable.”
- PERSONALIZED FRONT PAGE: Stitcher’s Front Page feed delivers new episodes from your favorite shows, recommends new ones based on your listening, and keeps you up to date with news headlines. It learns what you like and puts it at your fingertips.
- CREATE PLAYLISTS: “Stitch” together your favorite shows and podcasts to create your own customized playlists. Stream or set your playlists to download for offline listening.
- DISCOVER NEW SHOWS: Stitcher helps you find new shows you’ll love by recommending podcasts and radio programs based on your listening activity.
- LISTEN ON DEMAND: You’re always up to date with the latest episodes of your favorite radio shows and podcasts, without the hassle of downloading or syncing. Dig into the archives to listen to past episodes as well.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect your Facebook account to discover what your friends are listening to and share your favorite shows.
- GET BREAKING NEWS: Keep up with the day’s biggest stories with the Stitcher Front Page and via breaking news audio alerts.
- CARPLAY AND OTHER IN-CAR SUPPORT: Support for Apple CarPlay as well as integrations with over 50 Ford, GM, BMW, MINI, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda and Volvo models. Additionally, Car Mode for use in any car with big buttons for easy and safe control in the car.
Stitcher is the easiest way to stay connected to the information that’s important to you while on the go.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- TechCrunch "20 Best Apps"
- Webby Award Winner - Best Mobile App>Podcasts
- Wired "Essential Driving App"
- Fast Company 8 Apps that will Destroy FM Radio
- Apple Top 5 News App
- TIME Magazine Top 50 iPhone Apps
- CNET - Top 10 iPhone App
- PC World – 12 Best Entertainment Apps
- PCMag.com Top 50 Free Apps
- Huffington Post - 12 Must Pack Essentials for Summer
- Best News App - Best App Ever Awards
- My Top 10 Apps - Ben Affleck!
"If you like NPR, MSNBC, Bloomberg or any of the best sources then Stitcher is the best way to quickly access all your programs in one place and listen at your convenience." - emarie0405
"This app is a life saver for my daily commute. Nearly any subject or source I want to hear! A must for podcast lovers." -CyberData4
What's New in Version 6.5.5
- Bug fix in show selection process for first time users.
Used to be my favorite - now skips too much
This was, bar none, my favorite app. Lately, though, it skips around all the time, whether it's a short podcast or a long one. One second it will be playing fine, then it will jump back 10 seconds, then it will jump forward 15, and then back another 10, and then forward another bit. It leaves me confused, frustrated, and wondering what parts of the podcasts I've missed.
If they fix this, this is the best podcast app I've used and I'd recommend it. Until then, avoid it.
Too many ads, frequently freezes
Along with the ads that are already in the podcast, Stitcher puts a high-volume 30 second ad in front of every podcast you listen to. The same ad, for months. Additionally it frequently freezes and loses your place in the podcast if you switch from Stitcher to anything else on your phone.
Newest version added annoying pop-ups 🙄
I literally use Stitcher every day, several times a day. I usually love it...but this new update included a pop-up ad asking (every single f'ing day!) if I want to upgrade to a premium membership. Whoever came up with the idea to spam the most loyal Stitcher users daily with a pop-up question that requires a Yes/No response should be disciplined and/or terminated. Seriously. Why try to be annoying? 🙄
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 06, 2016
- Version: 6.5.5
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Stitcher, Inc.
- © 2015 Stitcher, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Plus 3 Month Subscription$2.99