Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
By Stitcher, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Top 50 iPhone Apps - TIME Magazine
- Top 5 News Apps -Apple
Listen to your favorite news, comedy, sports and talk radio shows and podcasts ON DEMAND from your iPhone or iPad. Discover the best of NPR, CNN, Fox, BBC, WSJ, Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Fresh Air, Freakonomics, Radiolab and over 25,000 shows, podcasts and live stations. Change the way you listen to radio - on your schedule, not the schedule of traditional stations.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
CNET: “Stitcher provides a slick solution to those looking for customized audio programming - it's to news and information what Pandora is to music.”
BUSINESS WEEK: “Web outfits like Pandora and Stitcher broadcast portable and mobile content that makes Sirius look overpriced and stodgy.”
GIZMODO: “Stitcher collects and stitches together spoken word radio content...Think of it as your local public radio station, times 400.”
MACWORLD: “Stitcher Radio is Remarkable.”
- PERSONALIZED FRONT PAGE: Stitcher’s Front Page feed delivers new episodes from your favorite shows, recommends new ones based on your listening, and keeps you up to date with news headlines. It learns what you like and puts it at your fingertips.
- CREATE PLAYLISTS: “Stitch” together your favorite shows and podcasts to create your own customized playlists. Stream or set your playlists to download for offline listening.
- DISCOVER NEW SHOWS: Stitcher helps you find new shows you’ll love by recommending podcasts and radio programs based on your listening activity.
- LISTEN ON DEMAND: You’re always up to date with the latest episodes of your favorite radio shows and podcasts, without the hassle of downloading or syncing. Dig into the archives to listen to past episodes as well.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect your Facebook account to discover what your friends are listening to and share your favorite shows.
- GET BREAKING NEWS: Keep up with the day’s biggest stories with the Stitcher Front Page and via breaking news audio alerts.
- (*NEW!*) CARPLAY AND OTHER IN-CAR SUPPORT: Support for Apple CarPlay as well as integrations with over 50 Ford, GM, BMW, MINI, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda and Volvo models. Additionally, simplified mode for use in any car with big buttons for easy and safe control in the car.
Stitcher is the easiest way to stay connected to the information that’s important to you while on the go.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- TechCrunch "20 Best Apps of 2012"
- 2014 Webby Award Winner - Best Mobile App>Podcasts
- Wired "Essential Driving App"
- Fast Company 8 Apps that will Destroy FM Radio
- Apple Top 5 News App
- TIME Magazine Top 50 iPhone Apps
- CNET - Top 10 iPhone App
- PC World – 12 Best Entertainment Apps
- PCMag.com Top 50 Free Apps
- Huffington Post - 12 Must Pack Essentials for Summer
- Best News App - Best App Ever Awards
- My Top 10 Apps - Ben Affleck!
"If you like NPR, MSNBC, Bloomberg or any of the best sources then Stitcher is the best way to quickly access all your programs in one place and listen at your convenience." - emarie0405
"This app is a life saver for my daily commute. Nearly any subject or source I want to hear! A must for podcast lovers." -CyberData4
What's New in Version 6.3.0
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus - adaptive layout updates for better use of increased screen size
- Fixes for crashes caused by ads in some isolated cases
- Improved playback performance and stability
- Streamlined BMW interface and playback no longer interrupted when leaving the Stitcher app
- Numerous stability fixes
I use it every day.
Stitcher does it all. I use it both for live streaming and for podcasts for hours every day. I especially like being able to create groups and to prioritize within each group. I don't seem to be having the problems other users describe. I have never been dumped out of the program to either Facebook or Twitter. My many automatic downloads happen smoothly even though I live in a rural area and coverage is spotty. I don't ever hear ads because I subscribe to the upgraded version. I have listened to over 2500 hours and downloaded 5800 podcasts so the low subscription fee is WELL worth it. I recommend Stitcher frequently and it has been and will continue to be the most used app on my iPhone.
Over Focus on Profit Destroyed Value
I have become a rabid Podcast listener over the last few years. I began using Stitcher when it was a much better alternative to iTunes podcasts. Especially since the acquisition by Deezer though the app has really lost touch with the user experience. I WANTED to pay them money to avoid ads and tried numerous times to purchase ‘Plus’ as the app is almost unusable now with the constant annoying delays and interruptions. But numerous glitches and absolute zero customer support finally caused me to quit. Sorry Stitcher - you are a shining example of how a company that focuses on maximizing profits and loses track of the reason for its existence (providing value to customers) ultimately will lose the ability to compete and generate profit.
Must have app
I use this app everyday. If you miss your favorite NPR show, listen to it later with Stitcher. Catch up on the U.S. and world news. Learn something new with an educational app. Listen to a good story from the live shows like The Moth. If it is a podcast posted online somewhere, most likely you can find it on Stitcher. Your saved podcasts will download automatically so there is no work to be done on your end besides just listen. No more going to this site to get this podcast and that site to get that podcast!
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 13, 2015
- Version: 6.3.0
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Stitcher, Inc.
- © 2015 Stitcher, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Plus 3 Month Subscription$5.99