Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
By Stitcher, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Top 50 iPhone Apps - TIME Magazine
- Top 5 News Apps -Apple
Listen to your favorite news, comedy, sports and talk radio shows and podcasts ON DEMAND from your iPhone or iPad. Discover the best of NPR, CNN, Fox, BBC, WSJ, Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Fresh Air, Freakonomics, Radiolab and over 25,000 shows, podcasts and live stations. Change the way you listen to radio - on your schedule, not the schedule of traditional stations.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
CNET: “Stitcher provides a slick solution to those looking for customized audio programming - it's to news and information what Pandora is to music.”
BUSINESS WEEK: “Web outfits like Pandora and Stitcher broadcast portable and mobile content that makes Sirius look overpriced and stodgy.”
GIZMODO: “Stitcher collects and stitches together spoken word radio content...Think of it as your local public radio station, times 400.”
MACWORLD: “Stitcher Radio is Remarkable.”
- PERSONALIZED FRONT PAGE: Stitcher’s Front Page feed delivers new episodes from your favorite shows, recommends new ones based on your listening, and keeps you up to date with news headlines. It learns what you like and puts it at your fingertips.
- CREATE PLAYLISTS: “Stitch” together your favorite shows and podcasts to create your own customized playlists. Stream or set your playlists to download for offline listening.
- DISCOVER NEW SHOWS: Stitcher helps you find new shows you’ll love by recommending podcasts and radio programs based on your listening activity.
- LISTEN ON DEMAND: You’re always up to date with the latest episodes of your favorite radio shows and podcasts, without the hassle of downloading or syncing. Dig into the archives to listen to past episodes as well.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect your Facebook account to discover what your friends are listening to and share your favorite shows.
- GET BREAKING NEWS: Keep up with the day’s biggest stories with the Stitcher Front Page and via breaking news audio alerts.
- (*NEW!*) CARPLAY AND OTHER IN-CAR SUPPORT: Support for Apple CarPlay as well as integrations with over 50 Ford, GM, BMW, MINI, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda and Volvo models. Additionally, simplified mode for use in any car with big buttons for easy and safe control in the car.
Stitcher is the easiest way to stay connected to the information that’s important to you while on the go.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- TechCrunch "20 Best Apps of 2012"
- 2014 Webby Award Winner - Best Mobile App>Podcasts
- Wired "Essential Driving App"
- Fast Company 8 Apps that will Destroy FM Radio
- Apple Top 5 News App
- TIME Magazine Top 50 iPhone Apps
- CNET - Top 10 iPhone App
- PC World – 12 Best Entertainment Apps
- PCMag.com Top 50 Free Apps
- Huffington Post - 12 Must Pack Essentials for Summer
- Best News App - Best App Ever Awards
- My Top 10 Apps - Ben Affleck!
"If you like NPR, MSNBC, Bloomberg or any of the best sources then Stitcher is the best way to quickly access all your programs in one place and listen at your convenience." - emarie0405
"This app is a life saver for my daily commute. Nearly any subject or source I want to hear! A must for podcast lovers." -CyberData4
What's New in Version 6.2.6
- Fixes for crashes experienced by some listeners
- Enhancements to customer feedback system
I give up.
I have been a very loyal Stitcher user for years. I had an obscene number of listening hours. But, I just switched to another app and uninstalled Stitcher from my phone. The app started incorporating ads that you had to listen to at least 10 seconds of before you can move on. At first, this was annoying, especially when I was in the middle of something else and just wanted to get to the podcast. But apparently, there aren't many takers to advertise using this feature because for the last week at least ALL the ad breaks have been for Birdman. I wanted to see the movie before this. I would rather walk on broken glass now. I am so sick of hearing this same commercial constantly. I can't even abide the music playing under the ad. At first, I thought I'd go ahead and pay to go ad-free, but that option is only good for 3 months and the price is nearly $30 a year. Forget that. Other podcast apps have come a long way over the last few years and I found one that had all the features I want and is forever ad-free for a one-time payment of $3. That's just a no-brainer. Bye-bye, Stitcher! It was fun while it lasted, but I cannot take the psychological harassment of your ad campaigns any longer.
Okay, so it's not just me. A good handful of people are just as frustrated with this new updated app as I am. I've been pretty tolerant of its advertisements and glitches. The only ad that comes up is 99 designs... Over and over and over. It's pretty insulting to advertise a company with great deals on graphic design services to me... Especially when I'm a graphic designer!! (What are you trying to tell me?) I like Stitcher so I ignored those annoying ads. Then when I was trying to click to listen to "This American Life", it gave me other podcasts other than what I selected to listen. Ok, so I thought it was just that program that was messing up... Tried to click on a different podcast and it did the same thing! And today, I wanted to catch up on my podcasts as it's been a busy several weeks for me... But it only gave me current ones. I probably have to scroll all the way down on my "front page" to find past podcasts... But who wants to spend time sorting through that? I went through all the menus to double check that I wasn't overlooking a quick access to past podcasts and found nothing. If I'm wrong, please let me know. But I think this is the breaking point for me... Bad UX design.
Ads, ads, & ads
Ive listened to nearly 1,500 hrs of podcasts with few complaints, I could deal with the fairly frequent crashes and occasional failure to stream episodes, but lately the advertisements have become intolerably obtrusive and repetitive. The name Birdman, which was once my favorite movie of the year, now makes me cringe at its very mention, due to the same ad being played again and again after seemingly every single podcast (whether <1 minute long podcasts or even when switching between podcast after just a few seconds of listening). I understand the need for ads, and honestly wouldn't mind a few minutes of block advertising after x hours/minutes of listening but playing the same 10 second after literally every podcast is infuriating and ultimately intolerable, so much so that this is the first app review I've ever written!
I considered upgrading to stitcher plus but I have a problem with the subscription format and honestly $6 for 3 months isn't that great of a deal when comparable apps charge a one time fee of $2-5.
Regretfully I must say goodbye Stitcher, I'll miss the good times we had together.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 01, 2014
- Version: 6.2.6
- Size: 35.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Stitcher, Inc.
- © 2014 Stitcher, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Plus 3 Month Subscription$5.99