Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
By Stitcher, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Top 50 iPhone Apps - TIME Magazine
- Top 5 News Apps - Apple
Listen on demand to your favorite news, comedy, sports and talk radio shows and podcasts from sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News, ESPN, This American Life, BBC and more. Stream or download episodes for offline listening. Stitcher also helps you discover interesting things to listen to from over 65,000 shows, based on your listening habits. Change the way you listen to radio - on your schedule, not the schedule of traditional radio.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
CNET: “Stitcher provides a slick solution to those looking for customized audio programming - it's to news and information what Pandora is to music.”
GIZMODO: “Stitcher collects and stitches together spoken word radio content...Think of it as your local public radio station, times 400.”
MACWORLD: “Stitcher Radio is Remarkable.”
- PERSONALIZED FRONT PAGE: Stitcher’s Front Page feed delivers new episodes from your favorite shows, recommends new ones based on your listening, and keeps you up to date with news headlines. It learns what you like and puts it at your fingertips.
- CREATE PLAYLISTS: “Stitch” together your favorite shows and podcasts to create your own customized playlists. Stream or set your playlists to download for offline listening.
- DISCOVER NEW SHOWS: Stitcher helps you find new shows you’ll love by recommending podcasts and radio programs based on your listening activity.
- LISTEN ON DEMAND: You’re always up to date with the latest episodes of your favorite radio shows and podcasts, without the hassle of downloading or syncing. Dig into the archives to listen to past episodes as well.
- STITCHER PREMIUM: Ad-free listening, bonus episodes from shows you love, 40+ Stitcher Originals exclusive to Stitcher, comedy albums and more.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect your Facebook account to discover what your friends are listening to and share your favorite shows.
- GET BREAKING NEWS: Keep up with the day’s biggest stories with the Stitcher Front Page and via breaking news audio alerts.
- CARPLAY AND OTHER IN-CAR SUPPORT: Support for Apple CarPlay as well as integrations with over 50 Ford, GM, BMW, MINI, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda and Volvo models. Additionally, Car Mode for use in any car with big buttons for easy and safe control in the car.
Stitcher is the easiest way to stay connected to the information that’s important to you while on the go.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- TechCrunch "20 Best Apps"
- Webby Award Winner - Best Mobile App>Podcasts
- Wired "Essential Driving App"
- Fast Company 8 Apps that will Destroy FM Radio
- Apple Top 5 News App
- TIME Magazine Top 50 iPhone Apps
- CNET - Top 10 iPhone App
- PC World – 12 Best Entertainment Apps
- PCMag.com Top 50 Free Apps
- Huffington Post - 12 Must Pack Essentials for Summer
- Best News App - Best App Ever Awards
- My Top 10 Apps - Ben Affleck!
What's New in Version 7.1.3
- Security updates, including switch to SSL (https)
- Fix for bug where app did not resume at correct point in podcast after resuming from long phone call
- Improved episode search
The Howl app had its issues but it ran like a dream compared to this app. It's impossible to find specific episodes and the search function is all but useless. None of the good features from Howl have transferred, in particular, being able to scroll through all episodes of a podcast without it just skipping to ones I have saved on listen later, being able to read the description without playing the episode, showing which guests are in the show, being able to search by guest, being able to browse a podcast by year, not to mention the entire interface of Stitcher is not attractive or user friendly. It was much more convenient simply switching back and forth between Howl and my old podcast app (the much more user friendly Casts) which is probably what I'll continue to do until they stop supporting the Howl app. I hope by then they'll clean up the Stitcher app that their forcing us to use and not make it impossible to find specific episodes by number or guests.
Additionally it's started doing this thing where it randomly gives me an error message on certain episodes saying it's no longer available from this content provider. It's even stopped playing in the middle of episodes.
Have used for 6 years w/ no problems
Wow. Howl must have been great because they all really hate Stitcher. I stream 30-40 podcasts per week and generally listen to every episode... all the functions to do that work great. The suggestion engine has also pointed me to some great new things. The only bug I've experienced is sometimes the last 3 seconds or so of a podcast will get stuck in a loop. Tapping next clears it.
I've occasionally used "listen offline" on road trips through rural areas with spotty coverage and it works fine, though I wouldn't want to use that as my normal listening feed. If you are one who downloads then listens or listens to single episodes a lot, I can't speak to how user friendly that is. But if you subscribe to podcasts, and stream them, this works great, certainly better than the native apple app which has been garbage for years imo.
Supremely Better than Apple's App
I've used this app exclusively for years for my podcast addiction and am mostly happy. My most significant problem is the inability to 'thumbs up' an episode after it has played. I know that podcasters rely on ratings, and Stitcher really makes it really inconvenient to do so. You can only rate while the episode is playing. Fine, but I want to hear the whole thing before I rate it in most cases, and Stitcher doesn't allow the rating after the fact. An episode ends and the next begins before you know it. So you have to go back, launch the episode again, let it play, then rate (and then the episode shows in your feed as a partial listen, which is maddening when you're trying to make sure you've listened to all your favorites).
It's awkward and a disservice to the podcasters and their sponsors, which is probably why I don't ever hear them endorse Stitcher anymore.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 22, 2017
- Version: 7.1.3
- Size: 63.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stitcher, Inc.
- © 2015 Stitcher, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Plus 3 Month Subscription$2.99
- Stitcher Premium$4.99
- Stitcher Premium$34.99