Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
By Stitcher, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Top 50 iPhone Apps 2013 - TIME Magazine
- Top 5 News Apps -Apple
Listen to your favorite news, comedy, sports and talk radio shows ON DEMAND from your mobile device. Discover the best of NPR, CNN, Fox, BBC, WSJ, Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Fresh Air, Freakonomics, Radiolab and over 20,000 shows, podcasts and live stations. Change the way you listen to radio - on your schedule, not the schedule of traditional stations.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
CNET: “Stitcher provides a slick solution to those looking for customized audio programming - it's to news and information what Pandora is to music.”
BUSINESS WEEK: “Web outfits like Pandora and Stitcher broadcast portable and mobile content that makes Sirius look overpriced and stodgy.”
GIZMODO: “Stitcher collects and stitches together spoken word radio content...Think of it as your local public radio station, times 400.”
MACWORLD: “Stitcher Radio is Remarkable.”
- CREATE CUSTOM STATIONS: “Stitch” together your favorite shows and podcasts to create your own customized stations. Stitcher can create stations based on shows you like.
- DISCOVER NEW SHOWS: Stitcher helps you find new shows you’ll love by recommending podcasts and radio programs based on your listening activity.
- LISTEN ON DEMAND: You’re always up to date with the latest episodes of your favorite radio shows and podcasts, without the hassle of downloading and syncing. You can also listen to past episodes. Set playlists for offline listening as well.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Connect your Facebook account to discover what your friends are listening to and share your favorite shows.
- GET BREAKING NEWS: Keep up with the day’s biggest stories with the Stitcher Front Page and via breaking news audio alerts.
- NEW CAR MODE: Simplified mode for use in car with big buttons for playback controls.
Stitcher is the easiest way to stay connected to the information that’s important to you while on the go. Stitcher Radio is a smarter way to listen to the radio.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- TechCrunch "20 Best Apps of 2012"
- Wired "Essential Driving App" 2012
- Apple Top 5 News App
- TIME Magazine Top 50 iPhone Apps 2013
- CNET - Top 10 iPhone App 2013
- PC World – 12 Best Entertainment Apps of 2012
- Webby's People's Voice Award
- PCMag.com Top 50 Free Apps 2013
- Best News App - Best App Ever Awards
- My Top 10 Apps - Ben Affleck!
"If you like NPR, MSNBC, Bloomberg or any of the best sources then Stitcher is the best way to quickly access all your programs in one place and listen at your convenience." - emarie0405
"This app is a life saver for my daily commute. Nearly any subject or source I want to hear! A must for podcast lovers." -CyberData4
What's New in Version 5.4.3
This release addresses a few bugs you've brought to our attention, specifically:
- Fix for problems resuming where you left off in a show in some cases
- Fix for Stitcher starting playback in the background without explicitly asking it to
- Fix for shows not playing fully and skipping to the next show in the playlist
- Fixes for a few crashes experienced by iOS7 listeners
- Improved iOS lock screen integration to display correct progress information
AND FROM OUR PREVIOUS UPDATE:
We're excited to bring you Listen Later, a new feature that lets you save interesting episodes for, you guessed it, listening to them later.
- Listen Later: Easily save individual episodes to a Listen Later playlist. Use it when you see something interesting but don't have time to listen immediately.
- Invite Friends: We've made it easier to invite your friends to join you on Stitcher - we appreciate your help in spreading the word!
- iOS7 Compatibility - this version of our app has been tested on iOS7. We've got a big redesign in the works as well so stay tuned!
IMPORTANT NOTE: We've changed the behavior of the app to make it easier to explore without interrupting what you're listening to. Selecting a show now takes you to an info page with more detail and a list of recent episodes. You can shortcut to just playing the show by tapping the play button at the right edge of the row.
Great Service. Mediocre App.
As a service, Stitcher is unbeatable. The only podcast radio service that allows discovery and comes with an API that lets other applications (like the Sonos home audio system) to access the service. Any podcast I listen to, I ask the author to make it available via Stitcher.
As an app, it's kind of "meh" as the kids say. It does what it's supposed to do, but it's not a great user experience.
You can only download the latest episode of a podcast to your device. If you didn't listen to the previous episode, too bad, it's back in streaming mode and you can't download it again. This is poor for podcasts that update daily or more often and defeats the purpose of downloading.
The recent addition of a "Listen Later" category should have addressed that partially, but it does nothing but take a previously existing feature and give it valuable real estate in the "My Stations" section, bumping my personal lists farther down the page. We should be able to have this not visible, especially if we don't use the feature.
Finally, on the iPhone, the app does not respect the hardware mute. It will play through the speaker if you don't have headphones plugged in, and there's nothing you can do about it. That is in direct conflict with Apple guidelines and should be fixed immediately.
I love stitcher
As my title suggests, I love this app. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I think it's just a little clunky. I'll explain that at the end.
Stitcher does ALOT. Seriously, the content is amazing. Podcasts, live radio stations, audio versions of tv commentary shows, pre-recorded radio shows... It's awesome. You can favorite the ones you want for easy access and the commercials are short, set between episodes - not inside the episode.
My only complaints are thus:
I will set up a show to listen to and instead of going to the next episode after the one I've listened to is over, it goes to another show.
I also think it could be organized a bit better. Browsing isn't fun or easy, so I generally only listen to shows that I already know about.
That all being said, those "problems" are minor and could probably be solved by spending some time really learning the app. I wouldn't mind if Stitcher got an overhaul. Guess I just need to take the time to figure it out.
Stitcher is one of the best podcast management applications. Where it really shines is not in content selection and functionality where it does both very well but in management. Users can easily customize and manage how they like their podcasts to be displayed. Users can add podcasts to a folder and name that folder based on the content it houses. Users can also easily arrange the order in which the podcasts appear inside the folder from top to bottom. Also podcast episodes can be as saved for later and appear on the menu in as Listen to Later folder. The app also has social elements with the ability to like or dislike podcast episodes making recommended titles more to your liking. Since the most recent update the menu design is more sleek with easier to read text and a more fluid navigational experience. For any heavy podcast or radio listener Stitcher is a must have and you won't regret it.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 04, 2013
- Version: 5.4.3
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Stitcher, Inc.
- © 2012 Stitcher, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Plus 3 Month Subscription$5.99