- The Best Stock Market Apps for iPhone and iPad 2016. Thebalance.com
- Best Stock Market App for iPhone in 2014. About.com.
- Stock Market App to Boost Your Portfolio. TheStreet.com.
Stocks Live is an amazing way to track the stocks you know and discover new winners. Securely sync and trade your portfolios with major brokers anywhere, anytime.
-- FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
- Free sync & trade with major brokers.
- Unique Heat map visualization, with dancing tiles**
- Real-time quotes* (with extended hours). Auto-refresh every 20 seconds, also manual refresh of quotes on demand.
- Global coverage similar to Yahoo! Finance (including China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and more).
- Buy/Sell signal that works (look for the heart).
- Unlimited multi-currency portfolios that work.
- Twitter integration.
- Unlimited watch lists (tested with more than 10,000 stocks per watch list!). Easily create watch lists with as many stocks as you want.
- 450+ market activities, scans and user-defined filters. No app can claim such collection with such price. Another 450+ scanner as in-app.
- Earning and Ex-dividend date calendar. In-app purchase required.
- iCloud enabled (must be logged into iCloud). Sync and backup your portfolios and watch lists on all your devices.
- Private backup for portfolios and watch lists.
- Search for stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, indexes, world currencies and more.
- Fast and smooth user interface. Optimized for the Retina display and iOS 9, and takes full advantage of the new multicore processing power of the iPad and the iPhone.
- Unique chart viewer (now full screen by popular demand). From intraday to inception day, or anywhere in between, configure the chart scale (log or linear), chart type (candle, bar or line) and volume for all your watch lists in one go.
- 140+ news feeds from reliable news sources.
- World currencies. See any currency over time, or its current value against any other.
- View the US stock market grouped by sector and industry.
- Richly detailed view of each company, organized in eight sections: Numbers, Earnings Estimates*, Dividend History*, Competitors*, Technicals, Events, Tweets and News.
- We are very proud of our data quality.
-- PORTFOLIO HIGHLIGHTS
Transaction-based portfolios are a hassle to enter and maintain. Stocks Live uses a more practical way to manage portfolios. Just enter the latest positions you have, and never worry about buy and sell transactions. Update Stocks Live whenever your portfolio changes--it's as simple as that.
- Play What-If scenarios with your portfolios.
- Multi-currency support aggregated to your local currency settings or per portfolio currency.
- Alert if your portfolio is higher or lower than a certain threshold.
- Benchmark each portfolio against any ticker.
- Passcode protection with Touch ID.
- Support long, short, RSUs and employee stock options.
- Support for stocks and put/call options.
- Support copy/paste for easier data entry.
- Short-term and long-term performance calculation.
- Display the number of days until a short-term holding becomes a long-term holding.
-- MANY THANKS TO
- The Special Advisers Team:Yuri Belorusets and Yoni Miller.
- The Eagle-Eyed Man (also French translation): Pierre Louveaux.
- Japanese Translation: Mayumi Takeda.
- Portfolio Advisor: Dr. Shehab Marzban
* real-time is for all Nasdaq, NYSE, some companies in UK, German, French companies & Netherland, in-app purchase required.
** In-app purchase required.
Best iPhone stocks app.
• Adding Merge command to the watch list tab (so you can merge watch lists together).
• Adding new fields to the Numbers view (Price/Sales, Year performance).
• Allow change of base currency in the Activities > Currencies view.
Ratings and Reviews
Best place to look for stocks
Stocks Live is by far the best place to comb through if you are trying to look for a stock. There are different categories to look through. The customizable heat maps are nice. It is very easy to look through potentially interesting stocks, ETFs and commodities to see what looks good. The news and metrics are right here to quickly determine if the stock is worth while.
Being able to have the consolidated information in one place and well presented is outstanding. There are multiple purchase add-ons that seem obnoxious at first but it does give a much lower threshold to enter into a very useful tool. I have made much more money from finding positive investments from this app than what I’ve spent. The more I’ve earned from the app, the more I’ve invested in this tool.
I love great tools and for finding places to invest this is by far the best I’ve found.
One thing I thought of that could be interesting is to have a view within the stock for what searches that the stock appeared. It could only be the ones being monitored or all but it might be an interesting view. Possibly have a view along with Zach’s ranks and color bulls and bears lists and be able to click to view into the list further.
Hi, Thank you very much for your kind words and thoughtful review. We really appreciate taking your time reviewing our work and happy you are finding out tool useful to you. We are user#1 and we make money using our tools and we love to hear the same for our users.
A must have stock app
This is truly a superb app. I have used virtually every stock app available for my ipad, and this is clearly the best for my application. First of all, the app directly downloads my portfolio from my broker and updates prices and value realtime, and does this accurately without a hitch. Second, it gives me month by month data for expected dividend payments based on the amount of each stock I own. Third, it shows daily change and change since purchase for each stock. Fourth, it shows up-coming ex-dividend dates and pay dates for each of my stocks, and also the earnings dates & estimated earnings for each stock. And, finally, the charting is very adequate, and the whole app is fast and rock solid. The above is why I purchased the app, but it offers a whole lot more. I should also mention that I was having a problem with the app not recognizing some of my stock symbols because my broker used a different symbol convention for certain stocks. I contacted support and got an immediate response with a fix in just a few minutes. I was very grateful and totally blown away by the support! This app meets and exceeds my needs, and I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be extremely useful for almost everyone.
Thank you very much for your time reviewing our work and kind words. You made our day and more. Kind Regards.
Alternative to StockIdealPro
I’ve been using a different app, StockIdealPro, for a few years, but lately it has problems importing my Fidelity portfolio and its real-time after-hours quotes are buggy. So I turned to the Stocks Live app instead. So far it looks like Stocks Live has most of the features I need.
One of the things I liked best about StockIdealPro is their very nice heat map. The heat map in Stocks Live is not as good, it doesn’t have as many red/green color shades and the text formatting is not as nice within the squares. Also I wish I could combine the Stocks Live heat map on the same page with something like the overall pie chart & the portfolio numbers view, and with news about the stocks within the portfolio. That would be my ideal at-a-glance page, but so far the only one that comes close to that is the Market Overview page on StockIdealPro.
The two apps each have their pros and cons, so I’ll be using both. If Stocks Live could make a nicer heat map then I’d switch to this one entirely.
Thank you for your time reviewing our work. We would love to get in touch to address all your suggestions. For faster reply, please connect with us by email (email@example.com) or Facebook messenger (@stocks_live) or Twitter (@stocks_live). For now, you can swipe left/right to get to the many views we have, we didn't want to crowd one view with everything, you can also customize the views and reorder/hide what you want. As for the heat map, we thought we have the best heat map, we will check the app you mentioned but remember, sometimes getting used to a feature makes it the best feature, so please, give Stocks Live heat map a chance, it is really powerful with all the sort keys you can change. Again, thanks for your suggestions, one thing we are very proud of is our support, we do believe app with support is way better than without.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Cinnamon Mobile LLC
- 115.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cinnamon Mobile LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Heat Map & Heart visualization $7.99
- Everything without Zacks Rank $69.99
- Gurus' Portfolios $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.