StockTwits - Stock Market Chat
By StockTwits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tap into the pulse of the markets with StockTwits
Use StockTwits to catch up quickly on the stocks you care about and new market trends. Find out what is happening fast and get insight, updates, sentiment and analysis from thousands of real investors and traders.
"Whenever I want to know why something is happening to a company, the first thing I do is check out the real-time feeds on StockTwits"
- Herb Greenberg, CNBC
"…StockTwits is re-imagining investing to better match the way markets really work."
- Read Write Web
* DISCOVER WHAT STOCKS EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT: Our Trending List finds stocks that are in the news, making moves, or popular amongst top investors and traders.
* COLLABORATE AND PROFIT: Connect and collaborate with top investors and traders and make better decisions.
* CATCH UP QUICKLY: Build a watch list to catch up quickly on the stocks you care about.
* GAUGE REAL TIME SENTIMENT: Get a feel for the sentiment around your stocks quickly and easily.
* TRADE FOR FREE USING ROBINHOOD: Log in with your Robinhood account to see your holdings, swipe to trade from the watchlist and share your verified trades with the community.
What's New in Version 4.3.4
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Background Battery Hog!!!
Noticed a severe hit on battery life and found that StockTwits had 26 minutes of on screen time with 1.6 hours running in the background. This was a test over a 24 hour period to find the offending app. This app needs to be updated so we have the ability to disable background app refresh. Until then, this stays off my phone. I recommend StockTwits users use the web app and add it to your homescreen until they implement background app refresh. Developers: PLEASE UPDATE!!!
Good Concept, But BUGS!
I really like the concept of this app, how it's chat/social media based. I like how I can link my Fidelity account as well. I've had this app for a few days now and I've already experienced two bugs. 1, none of the stream feeds would reload. This was eventually fixed after I notified their support. 2, when I click on a stock, it takes me to the chart then quickly kicks me out. It's annoying and I'm even willing to pay for an app like this that works.
Piece of crap
Nice idea, but often doesn't work. Crashes a lot. Support is useless, hasn't responded lately. Fails to recognize some tickers, and often gives you window to share or reply, but nine of ten times the function does not work and I can not post. Nice idea. Keep it for free, not worth a penny if one pays, but can read it to gauge sentiment, just never can be sure if that is a correct gauge cause I do not know how many users like myself simply can not post...
They never even respond when you ask for help.