Many years ago, I have created an application that was sending text messages or emails whenever the device was violently shaken. Unfortunately the detection was unreliable and I have abandoned it.
After Paris attacks, I had the idea to come back to this application and adapt it to the dangerous situations: accidents, attacks or natural disasters.
• Sending an e-mail with geolocation
• Sending a text message with geolocation
• Calling the emergency services or a relative
• Worldwide emergency and assistance: 1242 phone numbers and email addresses for 249 countries
• Alert categories helpful to give the recipient an understanding the nature of the threat: Industrial accident, Nuclear disaster, Plane Crash, Assault, Other accident, Other disaster, Avalanche, Exposition, Wildfire, Shooting, Landslide, Hailstorm, Fire, Flood, Marine accident, Meteor, Storm, Hostage taking, Road accident, Dam failure, Tornado, Rail accident, Earthquake, Tsunami, Emergency and Volcano.
• Various advices and link to informative websites to help confront the difficulties
• Torch mode (displaying blank screen on iPad)
• Map mode that displays the location of the nearby emergency services:
Hospitals, Police, Pharmacies, Doctors, Dentists, Veterinaries, Locksmiths, Plumbers, Electricians and Taxis.
The map has also a search feature, and when a location is selected, the details such as phone number, address and website are given when available, with possible interactions such as calling the phone number or displaying the address into Maps for a route search.
In-app purchases correspond to donations and do not affect the application functionalities whatsoever.
Quick fix for iOS 10:
The emergency services screen was crashing the app.
The silence mode button can no longer open the Do not disturb preferences screen, so the user is invited to perform the changes manually.
This is an emergency fix, a bigger update will come later.
- Dominique Lorre
- 3.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015-2016, Dominique Lorre
- In-App Purchases
- Small donation $0.99
- Medium donation $9.99
- Important donation $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.