Get Stop Motion Studio Pro, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today! All features already included.
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"This app has lots of attractive features, making it super easy to get into stop motion video. You’ll have a lot of fun playing with it.”
“With a little creativity and a lot of patience, there’s much fun to be had with this app! Check it out.
“...for satisfying the inner animation producer in all of us.”
“It includes some exciting features.”
“Let's Make a Movie!”
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? Then this is the app you’ve got to add to your collection.
Create beautiful stop motion animated movies anywhere instantly on your device. Everything you need is right at your fingertips. No computer needed. It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Create fantastic movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on YouTube, Facebook and other sites. Cool themes, titles and sound effects are easy to add, too.
Stop Motion Studio helps you to create terrific stop action movies with a whole host of unique features:
• Overlay mode to show you the differences between frames for precise control
• Grid mode to position animated objects more easily
• Ability to use the volume button on your device to capture images
• Integrated movie editor with frame-by-frame preview at different speeds
• Cut, copy, paste, delete and insert frames at any position
• Automatically capture frames with an adjustable time interval feature
• Zoom in and out on the timeline view so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
• Fade your movie in or out for a professional look
Customize your creative process even more.
• Create movies in Ultra High Definition with four times the resolution of Full HD.
• Import pictures from your photo library into your movie.
• Remote Camera: Get a new perspective! Use your iPhone, iPod or iPad as a remote camera connected via a Wi-Fi.
• Movie Effects: Choose from seven amazing effects to give your movie an extra-creative professional touch.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by painting over it.
• Add movie titles and credits using eight different themes. Or choose from 28 amazing theme and text cards.
• Choose from more than 30 different front- and background images.
• Colorize your movie with different paint tools and paint directly onto the image.
• Crop, rotate or flip an image the way you like it.
• Use the magic eraser to magically erase unwanted parts of the image.
• Merge frames together to simulate fast movement.
Full Camera Control
• 4K Ultra High Definition, 1080p and 720p.
• Camera zoom
• Automatic or manual white balance, exposure and focus control
• Cinema Mode (2.35:1)
Record Audio or Add Music
• Bring it all to life using sound effects at virtually any position in your movie. Choose from more than 80 music and sound samples
• Add music from your own song library to your movie
• Record voiceover directly to your movie
• Adjust the volume of any sound track
• Import audio from Dropbox or any other app.
• Export your movie in up 4K UHDTV quality
• Export as animated GIF
• Export in square format for Facebook or Instagram
• Export all images
• Project Import and Export
Share Your Movie on the Web and in Your Home
• Publish directly to YouTube, Facebook, DropBox or iCloud
• Use AirPlay to stream directly to your TV
• Transfer your movies to your computer
• Built-in parental controls to manage access
This update fixes some issues and improves the overall stability of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Zooming In & Out Issues
I have been using Stop Motion Studio Pro for over 4 years now. It has always been helpful to me when trying to make my stop motions. However, recently I have come across a HUGE dilemma. A couple of months ago, I was unable to zoom in or out for some reason even though I have been able to before that, since I had a device that can zoom in and out. Now I'm pretty sure I downloaded an update before that, I don't know which one though. So the first thing I decided to do was exit the app, and re-enter it. I was still unable to zoom in or out. Then I deleted the app, and re-downloaded it. It still did not work. I've tried almost everything. I went to my camera application to see if zooming still worked. And it did. But zooming in and out on your app did not. You might be wondering why I think zooming in and out is so important, and that is because it allows me to have certain angles that are essential to my stop motion films. If you could help me out somehow, I'd really appreciate it. I love you rap and I hope I will be able to continue using it in the way I need. Please help, Ethan.
It’s great for beginners, but not for anyone else.
This app is great if you are a beginning animator. However, although it claims to make it simple and easy to animate, its only problems are with its own self-made limitations. I have been animating using Stop-Motion Studio for over a year and I have encountered a large number of issues. It has difficulty displaying videos at only 12 frames/second. The “erase” feature doesn’t work very well at all. The camera is inconsistent from frame to frame, making it very difficult to make a decent-looking film. My worst issue with it is with the “4K” feature on the app. It has built-in “draw” and “erase” features, and occasionally while drawing or erasing a 4K photo, it will warp the frame and make it impossible to work with. It is also completely impossible to retrieve the frames once they are warped. The onion skinning doesn’t work very well either, as it displays a blurry and very bright or very dark version of the frame before and makes it very difficult to find exactly what you’re changing. There is also barely any competition for this app on the App Store. No other software I’ve tried does what I need it to. I have been forced to settle for “OK,” and that is not okay.
Incredible Value and Features
I purchased this app about 5 years ago, and I rarely spend money on apps. Then, it worked well enough, and I never really expected much more. In the years since, Stopmotion Studio has been updated faithfully, fixing bugs, streamlining the animation process, and adding new features, all of which are available in the basic paid version, which just makes it a joy to use. For lego stop motion especially, this app outdoes a lot of the significantly more expensive desktop editing software and has features like face animations of a quality I’ve never seen anywhere else. Though I run into a few glitches now and then, they are very rarely anything major or unfixable, and this app has been completely worth every cent and more. Development works regularly to fix concerns of users, and I would be doing it an injustice were I to not leave a review of strongest praise.
- CATEATER, LLC
- 132.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © CATEATER, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.