Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"This app has lots of attractive features, making it super easy to get into stop motion video. You’ll have a lot of fun playing with it.”
“With a little creativity and a lot of patience, there’s much fun to be had with this app! Check it out.
“...for satisfying the inner animation producer in all of us.”
“It includes some exciting features.”
“Let's Make a Movie!”
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? Then this is the app you’ve got to add to your collection.
Create beautiful stop motion animated movies anywhere instantly on your device. Everything you need is right at your fingertips. No computer needed. It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Create fantastic movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on YouTube, Facebook and other sites. Cool themes, titles and sound effects are easy to add, too.
Stop Motion Studio helps you to create terrific stop action movies with a whole host of unique features:
• Overlay mode to show you the differences between frames for precise control
• Grid mode to position animated objects more easily
• Ability to use the volume button on your device to capture images
• Integrated movie editor with frame-by-frame preview at different speeds
• Cut, copy, paste, delete and insert frames at any position
• Automatically capture frames with an adjustable time interval feature
• Zoom in and out on the timeline view so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
• Fade your movie in or out for a professional look
Do amazing things*:
• Create movies in Ultra High Definition with four times the resolution of Full HD.
• Import pictures from your photo library into your movie.
• Remote Camera: Get a new perspective! Use your iPhone, iPod or iPad as a remote camera connected via a Wi-Fi.
• Movie Effects: Choose from seven amazing effects to give your movie an extra-creative professional touch.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by painting over it.
• Add movie titles and credits using eight different themes. Or choose from 28 amazing theme and text cards.
• Choose from more than 30 different front- and background images.
• Colorize your movie with different paint tools and paint directly onto the image.
• Crop, rotate or flip an image the way you like it.
• Use the magic eraser to magically erase unwanted parts of the image.
• Merge frames together to simulate fast movement.
Full Camera Control
• 4K Ultra High Definition, 1080p and 720p.*
• Camera zoom
• Automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure control
• Cinema Mode (2.35:1)
Record Audio or Add Music
• Bring it all to life using sound effects at virtually any position in your movie. Choose from more than 80 music and sound samples*
• Add music from your own song library to your movie
• Record audio or voiceover directly to your movie
• Adjust the volume of any sound track
• Import audio from Dropbox or any other app.
• Export your movie in up 4K UHDTV quality
• Export as animated GIF
• Export in square format for Facebook or Instagram
• Export all images
• Project Import and Export
Share Your Movie on the Web and in Your Home
• Publish directly to YouTube, Facebook, DropBox or iCloud
• Transfer your movies to your computer
• Built-in parental controls to manage access
* Optional feature. Requires in-app purchase. All features are already included in Pro version.
The latest update will add support for Sony Wifi enabled DSLR cameras. Now you can create movies in studio quality. The new project browser allows you to sort projects by name, date or duration. You can also see your project as film stripes for a better overview. More features of the update are:
•All projects can be accessed directly using the Files app on your devices or iTunes file sharing. No export necessary. This way you can copy or backup all projects at once.
•Projects can be used with the macOS version of the app without converting first.
•We restored the merge feature with the option to merge multiple frames at once. All merge operations are fully undoable now.
•18 new title and credit screens added.
•All title and credit screens using the current frame as background.
•Overview zoom feature added to the painter.
•Option to jump to the previous and next frame added to the painter.
•Option to show a grid added to the painter. This will make cropping an image easier.
•ISO 50 has been added as new lowest ISO setting.
•Fixes an issue where images names where not correct when exporting all images.
•The last used FPS value is the default value for new projects.
•You can now scrub the timeline during playback.
•Option to paste a layer added to the painter.
Ratings and Reviews
Make beautiful animated movies.
Great app, but I am unable to find a solution.
I want to start off by saying that this app is amazing and I use it as an alternative to many of the other stop motion editing softwares as it is much easier. I have used this app for about 8 months and have spent countless hours animating. I have bought all of the add ons to get the full experience and make my stop motions as best as I can. That said recently I have encountered a problem that is not only irritating but unnecessarily difficult. Recently the merge option has been greyed out, although his might not seem like such a big problem it is really irritating. I am currently working on an ant man and the wasp LEGO trailer stop motion, and a character known as the ghost has powers that require a merge of different slides, the shrinking and growing effects also require the same method but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to fix this. I have attempted to contact the developers through the website, but I got an error display and couldn’t move further. If this is only a simple bug that can be fixed or a patch that has been ridiculously over complicated than I need to know. I have spent about an hour researching if others have encountered the same problem or are having trouble but I can’t find anything, if anyone has any solutions or the developers themselves see this then please help. This is something that I know has worked in the past so there is no reason it shouldn’t now.
I absolutely love this app but it has a few problems
Ok so I have finally found an app that lets me create animations without too much trouble. It’s very intuitive and has many great features. But as every other app it has it’s problems. One of the ones I’ve had the most issues with is that when I have it set to manual it will still auto correct brightness whenever I put my hand in front of the camera, not sure if it’s my phone’s fault or the app’s but it is a problem because it creates a lot of light flicker. Another is that whenever I have it zoomed in and I go to look at the pictures I have already taken it resets the zoom. This makes it very difficult to animate dialogue.
I have a few more nitpickey complaints. Mostly just that I can’t set the ISO to anything below 100 (I know that expensive cameras don’t go below it either.) I often find that my sets are way to bright. And one final complaint, there isn’t a slider for white balance. I just feel restricted because it has a set of presets. I also have a suggestion: a feather option for erasing/painting would be awesome. It would create smoother transitions from the previous frame to the next. And also if there is a way please allow us to change the aperture as well.
Overall this is by far my favorite stop motion app and I only want to see it improve. Hope you found this useful.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- CATEATER, LLC
- 131 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cateater, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack $4.99
- Import Images $0.99
- Sound Effects $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.