This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The COPD Foundation invites you to use the StopCOPD app to join the COPD Patient-Powered Research Network (COPD PPRN), a lung health research study aimed at improving our understanding of COPD. The StopCOPD app uses the new ResearchKit software framework designed by Apple to make it easy for researchers to gather data more frequently and more accurately from participants using iPhone apps. ResearchKit enables participants to easily complete tasks or submit surveys right from the StopCOPD app and delivers a simple way to present participants with an interactive informed consent process.
The StopCOPD app can help you measure your activity through sensors in your iphone or the Apple Watch, or any wearable activity device linked to the Apple Health App. The StopCOPD app provides the ability to attain greater insight into your COPD or respiratory symptoms.
List of daily assessments and activities:
• Start assessments and save progress to be completed at a later time
• Seamlessly move between the StopCOPD app and online COPD PPRN portal, without losing data or progress on assessments
Record and track trends of your health data through your iPhone or Apple HealthKit app-linked device including:
• Physical activity (i.e. steps)
• Peak Expiratory flow
• Caloric intake
• Heart Rate
• Oxygen Saturation
• Sleep patterns
Designed to ensure your health information remains private and secure.
Be more informed with educational materials and personalized content:
• Learn more about COPD (e.g. symptoms, risk factors)
• Access to COPD Foundation's educational resources
Receive notifications & reminders about:
• Surveys on lung health, physical activity readiness, and other health factors
• New research studies for which you may qualify
• 18 years and older
• Answer "yes" to one of the following:
o You have been diagnosed by a physician that you have COPD
o You have a family history of respiratory disease
o You have had a possible or known environmental/occupational exposure, including but not limited to second hand smoke
o You are a current or former smoker
o You are symptomatic of respiratory disease, including but not limited to coughing, shortness of breath, or wheezing
What's New in Version 1.03
Minor changes to update the profile properties.