Stop Motion Studio Pro
By CATEATER, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get Stop Motion Studio, the most powerful animation studio ever designed for a Mac.
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? Then this is the app you’ve got to add to your collection. Create beautiful stop motion animated movies. It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Create fantastic movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on YouTube, Facebook and other sites. Cool themes, titles and sound effects are easy to add, too.
Stop Motion Studio helps you to create terrific stop action movies with a whole host of unique features:
• Use your DSLR camera from Canon, Nikon or Sony for live view and capture images
• Onionskin to show previous layers over the live view for precise control
• Mask, TV-Safe and Grid to position animated objects more easily
• Instant playback, no wait time to see your movie
• Integrated movie editor with frame-by-frame preview
• Zoom in and out on the timeline view so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
• Cut, copy, paste, delete and insert frames at any position
• Automatically capture frames with an adjustable time interval feature to create time-lapse movies
• Fade your movie in or out for a professional look
• Import and export project to and from Stop Motion Studio Mobile.
Do amazing things:
• Chroma keying (Green Screen) to change the background of your scene at any time
• Define In- and Outpoints for precious control over your animation
• Create movies in Ultra High Definition (4K) with four times the resolution of Full HD.
• Import pictures, video clips or audio directly into your movie.
• Use your iPhone, iPod or iPad as a remote camera connected via a Wi-Fi.
• Movie Effects: Choose from seven amazing effects to give your movie an extra-creative professional touch.
• Screen capture: Create great looking screencasts using the built-in screen capture camera
• Folder Watch: Define a folder to watch for images to import.
• Histogram to see image exposure and color balance
• Add movie titles and credits using eight different themes. Or choose from 28 amazing theme and text cards.
• Choose from more than 30 different front- and background images.
Full Camera Control
• 4K Ultra High Definition, 1080p and 720p.*
• Control exposure, contrast and saturation
• Remote camera controls include position, exposure, white balance and focus
• DSLR support to control ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed
• DSLR live view with onionskin to line up your animation perfectly
• Take a test shot to see a preview of your image
Add Audio effects and Music
• Bring it all to life using sound effects at virtually any position in your movie. Choose from more than 80 music and sound samples
• Add music from your own song library to your movie
• Edit audio clips with the integrated audio editor
• Export your movie in up 4K UHDTV quality
• Export as animated GIF
• Export in square format for Facebook or Instagram
• Export or print as Flipbook
• Export all images
• Export your project to Stop Motion Studio for iOS
*Supported DSLR cameras:
Canon EOS 450D
Canon EOS 600D
Canon 5D Mark III
Canon Kiss X2
Canon Kiss X5
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon Rebel T3i
Nikon D3100 (No Liveview / EVF)
Sony a5000 (Wifi)
Sony DSC-QX10 (Wifi)
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Fixes an issue when rendering a theme card.
New in 2.4:
This update will add support for Sony Wifi enabled cameras like the Sony a5000 or Sony DSC-QX10. It also fixes an issue with the live view (EVF) for some Canon DSLR.
It’s good but...
This app is great! I love it. But it does have many downsides to it. I make lego stop motion videos myself, and I noticed that there is no masking to make things seem to fly. When I tried to find a way to be able to mask, I also noticed that there is no paint/draw. Now paint/draw doesn’t bother me very much, but to some other people it might. A bad thing that happened in the new update is that they support either cameras that amazon’s manufacturing discontinues, so you have to buy it used which I dont want to do, or the prices for the cameras that have not been discontinued, are crazy expesive and way out of my price range. Another thing I didnt enjoy about this app was that it is quite expesive for what you are getting and you can buy the one on you iphone for cheaper, and get more. But I dont like the one on my phone very much so I bought this and it is missing some critical compenents. Though This app is great, and i enjoy it more than other sofwares, plus most of these problems can be fixed by a simple update. I would recommend this to you.
They need to add more cameras. For example the canon Powershot SX50 Hs (Because that is the one I have)
Why Greyed Out Options?
Want to import audio into your animation? Too bad, that option is greyed out, no explanation.
Figured out that you have to have a frame selected in order to import audio, not super intuitive but at least it does work. Changing my star rating from 1 to 4.
Hard to use green screen
I enjoy this app i have used the ipad versoin and liked it alot, but, this versoin takes a lot of time to figure out. But after you get the hang of it, you could get really good stop mo’s.