By Mark-V Apps
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Stopwatch Pro is a full-featured, highly customizable stopwatch application. Featuring both a digital and analog view, Stopwatch Pro is sure to fulfill all your stopwatch needs.
* Assignable hot keys. Hot keys can even be made global so that Stopwatch Pro can be controlled even when its not the foreground application.
* Both digital and analog views that are resizable and support fullscreen mode.
* Can be set to float on top of other application windows (always on top).
* Select from a variety of time formats.
* Full control of font, background color, and text color in digital view.
* Time since last lap can be shown in a pull-out drawer.
* Lap times can be saved to text or .csv files.
* Lap times can be printed.
What's New in Version 1.4
* Lap Timer Drawer - A drawer can now be opened that shows the time since the last lap.
* Time can now be copied to the clipboard.
* Added option to start time at most recent lap time.
Lap times cannot be saved to a text file
The only way to do it is by copy each one individually. There is no export.
...let the buyer beware
To whom it may concern:
This looked like a nice little add-on app for my Mac. However, the main feature I wanted…was to always be able to monitor my session time with just a glance at the timer via the “Always ON Top” feature that it professes to have. I tried numerous times to get it to work (i.e., staying on top of other windows), including rebooting. You can NOT do this, even though there is a check-box in preferences for “Always On Top”. This feature does NOT work.
$3.99 for a simple app…and it won’t even do what it’s supposed to! If you doubt what I say, just compare “app to app”. I recently got a simple, yet awesome little app called “SwiftText”. SwiftText is a quick-access scratchpad for your Mac. You can configure SwiftText with a keyboard shortcut so you can get to your scratchpad in the blink of an eye. SwiftText disappears with a keystroke (if you want it to) when you're done so you can get back to the task at hand. LIsten, I don’t know these guys, don’t work for them, and have no affiliation other than using their product (SwiftText). The shout-out I give here is due only because it’s an easy “no-brainer” comparison, in which anyone who truly is interested in the comparison, can quickly verify the truth of the matter.
I’m not in the habit of writing reviews, but this “Stopwatch Pro” app ticked me off…by not doing what it should. If this were a complicated application, I probably would not give it just 1 star. It’s not like there is a deep learning curve…it’s a stop watch!
Finally, I would be thrilled to come back at a later point and update my review to reflect a correction to the app’s (in my opinion) main flaw. At the time of this writing, based on the last update (01.02.2013), I will not be holding my breath for this to happen. Would love to be wrong though.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 02, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mark Verstraete
- © 2011
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later