By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keep your eye on the sky with Storm Radar by Weather Underground. High definition radar, advanced storm cell tracking, severe weather outlooks and real-time severe weather alerts make this the best app to have by your side when weather is closing in. View current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts at a glance and in a more detailed view. Now available free for iPhone and iPad!
• Radar: The highest resolution (250m) radar showing interactive animations for past and future data
• Single site sweeping radar: get near real-time data from each radar site. Choose the radar site nearest your current location and view real-time reports on reflectivity and velocity.
• Global Radar: An experimental radar layer with worldwide coverage. It combines existing radar data with a computer model proxy when data is not available.
• Storm Tracks: Storm Tracks utilize the most advanced severe weather algorithms to provide a detailed analysis of an impending storm. This includes a storm strength rating, detailed components of the storm (such as wind, hail, lightning, and tornadoes), the speed and direction of the storm, populated cities in its path, the precipitation rate, and much more.
• Severe Outlooks: See the overall severe weather threat for the next 3 days with details available by tapping on any risk level visible on the map.
• Lightning: View lightning 100 miles around your selected location (Continental US only)
• More: Full screen map with customizable data layers including: animated surface and jet stream level winds, earthquakes, fronts, tropical data, severe weather alerts, and more
Experience Storm Radar on your Apple Watch! Configure the Glance view directly on your Watch to view the weather data most important to you. View real-time alerts for precipitation, lightning and severe weather. Access Storm Radar data through Apple Watch Complications.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• Push notifications for precipitation, lightning (within a customizable radius) and detailed NOAA and Environment Canada severe weather alerts.
• In-App alerts for precipitation, lightning and weather alerts from the NOAA, Environment Canada, MeteoAlarm and The Weather Companies
• Hyper-local weather data powered by Weather Underground's network of over 250,000 personal weather stations
• Tap on current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts to view more detailed weather data in list or graph view
• Social weather: share storm tracking and radar data with your friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, or Twitter
• Today widget for iOS 10 or higher showing real-time alerts for lightning, precipitation, and severe weather
• Available for iPhone and iPad
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.9.9
How the mighty have fallen
This has always been my go-to app for weather. I'm a weather nut and live in tornado alley. Storm is great with its detailed data and functions only a weather geek would get. But lately (in the last year or so) the system has been failing in terms of current data. I live in a rural area and having near-real-time radar and alert data is paramount. This last rash of storms proved the radar data consistently 5 minutes behind. The refreshed "current" radar data would be at least 5 minutes behind my current local time. In that 5 minutes a strong squall line pushed through my area and was finished before the radar even showed the system encroaching my location. What if a tornado had been embedded within that system? 5 minutes may seem small but a lot can happen. That's unacceptable. So Storm, formally Intellicast, With a heavy heart I move on, deleting you from my devices and onto potentially better and greener pastures. My hope is that y'all pull it together and come out with an update that refreshes data AT LEAST as quickly as you had in the past, but more frequently would be better. I'll keep an ear out.
No longer five star app
Like others, I woke up today to find obnoxious ads in Storm and no ability to get my ad free subscription back. This app has been declining in quality for a while, including a glaring lag in radar timeliness. Two days ago we had a serious outbreak of storms including a tornado touching down close to my home. Storm did not provide timely information compared to other apps I own, which is unacceptable. We have another outbreak today and once again I am noticing the same lags in radar updates.
For those who are considering buying a subscription to Weather Underground to get rid of ads: be careful. I did try that as I like some features of Storm. The purchase went through fine but I cannot sign in and password emails never arrive. Worse, there appears to be no way to contact help. I am now out the money and have no desire to use Weather Underground (awful app).
As I have been typing this I am getting warnings from my other apps but none from Storm and the weather is deteriorating by the minute. I am now looking for a new app as I can no longer trust this one (or wish to give any more money to the company that owns this one).
Storm Weather App; WUnderground App
Very bad explanation regarding the "No In-App Ad Removal".
Download Weather Underground App and create an account ID you do not already have one. Purchase "One Year Ad-Free" Subscription. Go back to this Storm App (which is created by Weather Underground), and sign in using your Weather Underground User ID.
Now next time you wish to purchase an annual Ad-Free subscription, do it through Weather Underground App, then make sure you are signed into Storm using your Weather Underground ID, And Vöila, both of your apps will be as-free.
They have given a very poor explanation about their one year subscriptions Or is still available, you just need to purchase it through their original Weather Underground App and it will be add-free on both WU and Storm (which are both Weather Underground LLC Company apps).
Now stop teasing Storm, it will continue to be the best add-free weather app, you just have to go to the Parent Company app to make Storm add-free from now on.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 28, 2017
- Version: 1.9.9
- Size: 93.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Weather Underground. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.