"My daughter loves this. Although I think it's because it makes the dog leave her room when she plays the thunder sound. It was a great science lesson though" - KC West
"This is genius. I don't have to count 1 mississippi anymore! love it!!!" - Dee Jewelry
"This app has come in handy lately. My three year old son is terrified during thunderstorms and this keeps him entertained and actually makes thunderstorms fun" - NRuffels
"Been trying to do this in my head for years. Now I can get exact measurements. App is easy to use and does its job we'll" - Xnitex
"This app couldn't have came along at a better time. We had storms on the east coast all day today!! I was able to figure how how much time I had to get things done outside. You saved me $1 on a poncho!! You rock!!!!" - Brandi Jackson
**The above statements are actual 5 star reviews from our users!
Storm Distance Tracker is exactly what the name suggests... a fun little tool that calculates the distance of a storm for you.
All you have to do is tap the lightning button when you see lightning, tap the thunder when you hear thunder, and then Storm Distance Tracker does the rest.
Within seconds you will know the distance any storm is from you!
Have fun with your friends and family while you calculate the distance of an approaching storm!
- Integrated Facebook and Twitter functions so you can easily share your results with friends and family
- The option to measure distance in miles and feet or kilometers and meters
- Sound option: turn the sound on and hear a roaring clap of thunder as the results appear
- Clear instructions as well as the basic science behind the calculation
- Large and easy to read "Lightning" and "Thunder" buttons help to prevent accidental button misfiring
- Split-second results generation
DOWNLOAD THIS APP RIGHT AWAY TO START TRACKING STORMS NOW!
All Feedback and honest reviews are welcomed and much appreciated :)
Minor fixes and ad performance updates. Removed popup ads on app start up.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun with the kids!
Cool app! Never gets old. We had some storms come through last night and had a blast with the kids trying to guess how far away it was!
This is a cool app to help you figure out just how far away a storm is. Definitely helps if you're outside and need to know how much time you have before you gotta run inside!
I cringe, they laugh!
We had these nasty hail storms roll through yesterday. I'm cringing as the car gets pummeled but the kids are playing around on this laughing. Good enough for me!
- Lazy Days, LLC
- 16.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Switchback Media LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads! $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.