Storm team 12
By KWCH 12
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The KWCH Weather App gives you the latest weather for our viewing region.
The KWCH Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
What's New in Version 4.5.1802
* updated app resources
* bug fixes
Can no longer view forecast without persistent ads
As in the title. When viewing anything in the app a full screen advertisement pops up, after dismissing the ad it will come back within seconds making the app unusable. Along with this simply going to view a video forecast makes a video ad come up every single time. I get banner ads sure but this isn’t acceptable by any means. There’s plenty of alternative weather apps out there, only reason to use this was for local forecasts with our own meteorologists and to support the local station. But that’s getting much harder to do now.
The large text and all the blue space is a waste. The radar is too much diminished. ditch the video banner-useless since there is a video tab; again uses up radar (tiny) window.
Landscape is a narrow channel of radar and giant text. The improvement WAS NOT on aesthetics.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 27, 2017
- Version: 4.5.1802
- Size: 44.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc.
- © The Weather Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.