The KWCH Weather App gives you the latest weather for our viewing region.
The KWCH Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* updated resources
* bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Worthless when it takes so long to load
The title says it all. Since the recent redesign of the app, it is almost useless. Why use this app when other weather apps open in a fraction of the time? I need accurate weather information quickly and the app no longer does it.
The original design was way better. Why load the 12.2 feed if you don’t want to see it? Why load the stupid blog posts? Why load the closings area when there are none? Etcetera. Stupid is as stupid does!
Nasty and not user friendly. Pretty much like this weather team who interrupts network programming to ramble on about stuff happening a hundred miles away when they have 12.2 and 12.5 broadcasting weather ALL THE TIME!!! Just put a crawl on the bottom of 12.1 and 12.4 saying there’s a potentially dangerous storm and refer people to 12.2 and 12.5 to get the details!!!!! Why have a 24/7 weather channel (simulcast on two sub channels) if you don’t use it to solve this ongoing and easily resolved issue?
Can no longer view forecast without persistent ads
As in the title. When viewing anything in the app a full screen advertisement pops up, after dismissing the ad it will come back within seconds making the app unusable. Along with this simply going to view a video forecast makes a video ad come up every single time. I get banner ads sure but this isn’t acceptable by any means. There’s plenty of alternative weather apps out there, only reason to use this was for local forecasts with our own meteorologists and to support the local station. But that’s getting much harder to do now.
Used 1.7 GIGABYTES in 6 days + major battery drain
Despite the most recent update, this app is a major data hog and battery drain. Something was using major amounts of data and I was able to confirm that this app was the culprit by resetting the usage statistics and rechecking less than a week later to find that it used 1.7 gigs. The total of all my other apps was less than .25 gB in that 6 day period. Before this I tried scaling back the app’s location access but that made no noticeable difference (“only while using app” instead of “always”). Besides the data, there were days when it was responsible for more than 60% of my battery drain.
- Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc.
- 40.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.