LEX 18 is proud to announce a full featured weather app for the iPhone and iPad platforms.
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
* updated resources
Ratings and Reviews
Updates have screwed up this app
The hurricane icon has changed and does not reflect anything that you were looking at once you tap on the icon in the pop-up box comes up. You can no longer see the magnitude of the earthquake.
Same is true for the tropical storm and hurricane icons or travel paths plus it pops up somewhere down below where you’re tapping and you cannot see the category of the hurricane anymore either.
Yes it has had a very slow load time, which is still does but since these other problems have happened I’m looking for another app myself unless it gets fixed very quickly.
I loved the app before the last two updates even though it had slow loading time.
App videos need to be updated regularly.
I don’t understand why LEX18 can not maintain the weather videos. We don’t have cable so our only source for current weather forecasts is the internet. I believe Bill and his team offer the best forecast info but they do not maintain a video copy of each days forecast on this app. As I write this review, the last video forecast posted is January 17, 2019. That was three weeks ago!
They cannot claim to have the best weather info if they don’t keep the forecast current. We have been forced to search the other Lexington stations to get a current video forecast. Written forecast are not acceptable.
Rarely Updates Videos
When I first got this app, the regularly updated their weather videos from the most recent news broadcasts (sometimes even multiple times a day) but for some reason, they have gotten to where they will go days, even weeks without posting a new one. For example, as of right now, the video on the app is 11 days old. I got this app so that I could avoid having to go online to look at the weather but I always end up there anyway.
- Cordillera Interactive, LLC
- 55.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.