Storme is a brainstorm and visual notebook app that helps you explore, develop, and present media-rich ideas beautifully and effortlessly in your preferred style.
Drop, group, and organize media onto a zoomable canvas with beautiful layout options. Add text, audio, and video notes, or create an attractive color-coded note board.
Want to make a quick sketch? Select the draw tool and start drawing. Want to capture a stunning web page? Simply drag it in. Prefer the written word? Add a text page and start typing. Or perhaps you wish to explore ideas both visually and verbally? Add a facing media or text page and inspire your written explorations.
Finally, a notebook app that helps creative professionals focus visually on developing and exploring their ideas so they can do what they do best—create.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Add notebook pages that can contain up to two facing pages: media pages and text pages
• Drawing tool with several preset line widths, styles, and colors for quick sketches, diagrams, and annotations
• All drawings hover above media content so it's easy to create accurate outline drawings by tracing over images
• Eraser tool with unlimited undo/redo to make editing your drawings easier
• Drag and drop images, audio, video, and web links (visually in media pages or textually in text pages)
• Paste web clipping selections directly into media pages
• Add beautiful text notes with several preset colours and create conventional brainstorm note boards
• Format/layout media in several attractive grid-based styles
• Select from several preset themes for your text pages
• Share media pages, text pages, or entire notebook pages (including selections)
• Elegant pinch-to-zoom with birds-eye-view into table of contents with titles
• Beautiful page thumbnails view of notebook with options to split and join a selection of pages
• Full-screen support (edit text pages like a pro with auto-enlarged text)
• Smart transcode feature syncs large media to iCloud across devices instantaneously so your notebook can be viewed on other devices without delay
• Quick Look support of all media (select media and press space)
• Create PDF and/or printed notebooks with print support for different page sizes and edge-to-edge printing
• Option to use dark or light window theme in Preferences
• Supports Sierra tab bars
• Apple help book
ONLINE USER MANUAL
CALLING ALL HANDS
If you like Storme, please consider rating it on the Mac App Store. Your ratings and reviews really help us a lot. Thanks so much for your support!
• Fixed text page margin bug when adding a new left/right-facing text page to the current page
• Fixed blank thumbnail rendering bug when adding a left/right-facing page to the current page in the thumbnail view
Ratings and Reviews
Very cool app! Adding media and organizing it to look nice is a breeze. And the sketching feature is a godsend, since I like to do some markup while I organize ideas for my writing. Then when I have enough information and some good ideas and visuals for the content of my article, I can begin writing distraction-free in a full-screen text page. As a writer, I love the light text on charcoal background - super gentle on my eyes. I also appreciate how gorgeous the overall design is — quite beautiful and a joy to use. Highly recommended!
DO NOT BUY. I had high hopes for this app.. but I have already emailed Apple demanding my money back. The app does not save even the simplest photo or text I input into it, it returns a variety of conflicting error messages claiming that it cannot sync becuase of edits made to the documents outside of the app… even though the test note I created was made soley inside Storme, it has frozen my 2-week old iMac twice in 30 minutes.
Also, once downloaded it comes with absolutely zero instructions of how to use. Just an empty folder window.
No no no.
I'm the developer of Storme for Mac, and I noticed your negative review of our app on the Mac App Store.
I just want to say, I totally understand. Most initial software releases have some bugs that can get through the cracks which get corrected in the first couple of bug fix update releases.
Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t really provide an easy way to let customers try-before-they-buy so customers can give us feedback on any problems without having to pay (except through promo codes which require a direct request to the developer).
In any case, we've been working hard to correct all the problems you mentioned, and then some. I would be happy to provide you with a promo code so you can download the latest version of the app for free from the Mac App Store with many bug fixes and improvements.
Let me know if you're interested! You can reach me here, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. The Help book is accessible from the Help menu. You can also access it online here: http://bluemuse.co/storme-help-book.
***UPDATE*** I've been in correspondence with the original reviewer, and he wishes to update his review but is unable since he deleted his iTunes account, and then created a new Apple ID and account. Apple has been unable to help, even after many emails/telephone conversations from both his end and my end, and so it appears this invalid review will remain. Here is the original reviewers email after using the latest version of Storme: "I just downloaded the app with the code an its am amazing improvement - and it couldn’t have come at a more perfect time. In the processes of designing FW17 for my upcoming line. Thanks so much for the info. I will definitely follow up with the processes of reseting password but I fear I deleted the account all together (Basically I got a pixel phone and went through the process of closing down apple accounts… and of course switched back) Either way I’ll make sure it gets removed and then in the mean time I’l write a new review on my new account. Thanks again for the help and the code.
Really really awesome job!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.