Story Spark creates endless unique story prompts by combining prompt templates and carefully selected word lists.
With a simple tap on the screen, get a fresh new spark of inspiration instantly!
Great for the reluctant writer, young and old. Never fear the blank page again! Express your creativity by expanding on the Story Spark prompt. Build your creative writing skills by elaborating and embellishing on the trillions of unique prompts randomly generated for you!
Do you have writer's block? Use Story Spark to generate a plot twist or surprise for your current work in progress. Just apply the spark to your current characters, or have them meet someone new!
Explore the activity ideas listed at the end of this description to cure writer's block, feed your muse, or trigger new ideas! Tap through new prompts to fuel your imagination! Have fun reading them with friends and brainstorming!
* * * * *
- 50+ Scenarios, with unlimited word combinations
- 38 Beautiful background images
- Navigate back through your history of prompts
- Mark prompts as favorites
- Regular content updates
- Universal App
- High-resolution graphics supporting Retina Display
- Apple VoiceOver support for low-vision users
Recommended ages: 10 and up
* * * * *
Do you like Story Spark? Check out our other writing apps, Story Dice and Lists for Writers, and leave us a good review! We really do appreciate that!
As always, please email us your suggestions, bugs, and feature requests to email@example.com. We read and respond to our fans and continue to regularly update our apps with new content and features.
* * * * *
Activity Ideas and Education Applications:
1. Creative Writing. Read the prompt silently, then construct a short story or poem.
2. Storytelling. Read the prompt silently, then create a story.
3. Drama Class. Divide students into pairs, then give each pair a prompt. Have each group act out the scene, then read the given prompt to the class.
4. Critical Thinking. Read the prompt, then answer the five W questions (Who? What? Why? When? How?)
5. Geography Challenge. Read a prompt with a location and find it on a map.
6. Word Swap. Do any of the previous activities but allow students to change one word in the prompt to one of their own choosing.
7. Sketch the Scene. Read a Story Spark, then draw a sketch of the scene.
8. Impromptu storytelling. Great for bedtime stories or around the campfire!
9. Journaling. Use the spark to brainstorm other ideas in your journal.
10. Flash/Lightning fiction (5-minute warm up.) Write a 5-minute fiction to fire up your brain!
11. Cartooning. Tell the story through cartooning.
12. Entertainment. Read the sparks for fun!
13. Logic and Reasoning. Come up with arguments to validate the scenario.
Updated for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Sorry I wasted my money on this
The story suggestions/prompts consist of maybe 5 general ideas over and over using different names and subject matter...but hey re all the same basic premise. What a waste! I want a refund...
Wretched snake oil of an app
It basically repeats the same few lines over and over on a different background. No more late night impulse buys. Just go write if you want to be a writer...and Smile, your about to be $3 richer!
This is a wonderful app. It provides ideas and creativity to children. The app also has the ability to be paired with with lessons in the classroom, which as a teacher is a feature I love. This app also will align in lessons to the common core learning standards for responding to non-fiction texts.
THIS IS AN APP TO GET AS A TEACHER! Take it and run with it! Have your students (or if parents your children) read their favorite books and let them make their own story sparks!!! So much potential from one app... Hope you all enjoy the app as much as I do!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.