This storybook allows two readers, such as a parent and a child, to go on an adventure together. Both readers (or one reader playing for two) will choose their roles in this text-based adventure story and make decisions that affect how the tale turns out.
You will take the roles of sailors on your way to Tide Mage Hall, the famed home of the Wind Binders, Storm Callers, and Ocean Wakers who guide ships throughout the world's dangerous oceans. But along the way, you find yourself with a Tide Mage captain who prefers hands-on learning, like capturing pirate vessels, over the safety of a classroom. You might also uncover tomes about the mysterious history of the Tide Mages, befriend a merman, and eat a great deal of cake. In the end, you want to make high enough grades to pass your first year of Tide Mage training (and try not to run into any sea dragons along the way)!
This interactive-fiction adventure is suitable for young readers aged 9 and up and has a tone similar to Roald Dahl's novels. It includes magic, humorous mention of zombies, and a zany character who gets into trouble with pirates.
Thanks to kind and continued interest, Story Together now features...
1. More story! More characters, quests, and complications.
2. An entirely overhauled code base, which means faster turnaround time for more content that you love.
3. Per your request, graphics featuring fine art!
4. In-app purchases so that players can try out a free demo.
5. An explicit life meter so that the adventurer knows how things are going :)
6. A sound effects overhaul.
7. A ton of extra features...
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing family time
My son and I have always loved story time, but this takes it to a whole new level of fun. We love being creative together and getting to choose our own adventures. This is one of our favorite ways to spend time together!
Fun and creative
This is more than a textbook choose-your-story adventure. It is a great way to spend time with your children but complicated enough to keep an adult entertained.
My teenagers and I are having a delightful time with this wild, zany land and sea adventure app!!! They enjoy debating their options as they co-play the student in the story... and they love to influence my choices also, of course. Fantastic fun!!!
- Mark Lawley
- 137 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Mark Lawley
- In-App Purchases
- Tide Mages: Chapter 2 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.