Story Tracker - a submission tracking tool for writers
By Andrew Nicolle
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Story Tracker makes keeping track of your submitted stories, novels, poems, scripts, and articles easy. Never wonder again where or when you submitted your work. The information is all right there on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch!
Whether you're a working freelance writer, a hobbyist, or something in-between, Story Tracker is a valuable addition to your writing toolbox. Many magazines, journals, or other markets for your work don't allow simultaneous submissions. When you're juggling dozens or even hundreds of stories, it's easy to make an embarrassing mistake. Keeping track of it all can soon become a nightmare.
Here's what you can do with Story Tracker (requires iOS 5.1.1 or higher):
* Track submissions of all your writing: stories, poetry, novels, articles, scripts, screenplays, and more.
* Store details and guidelines for any market accepting written submissions: magazines, book publishers, journals, agencies, websites, movie studios, or even one-off writing competitions or anthologies.
* Add details for each story, including title, word-count, genre, and notes.
* View total income earned for each story.
* 'Trunk' stories to hide them from the story list when creating submissions.
* View the submission history for each story, sorted by date.
* Displays story status icons.
* Add details for each market, including title, genre, editor, deadline and more.
* Use the embedded web-browser to quickly check on market websites.
* Launch email or phonecalls directly from market details.
* Highlights approaching market deadlines on the market list.
* Hides closed markets from the market list when creating submissions.
* View submission history for each market, sorted by date.
* View response times for each submission.
* Add details for each submission, including story, market, sent/response due/response dates, withdrawn status, and notes.
* Response due dates are calculated automatically based on market response time and submission sent date, or can be overridden.
* Past due submissions are flagged with an exclamation mark on the story and submission screens.
* Past due submissions are highlighted on the submission list.
* Store income earned for each submission.
* Database statistics.
* Protect your data with a passcode lock.
* iOS4 multitasking and Retina graphics.
* Database backup, restore, import and export over WiFi to your computer's web browser, Story Tracker for Mac, and Story Tracker for PC.
- Transfer the complete database between devices (iPad / iPhone / iPod) over WiFi via Story Tracker SDBI-format support.
- Supports iTunes file-sharing to transfer the database between device and computer.
* CSV format support to import/export your Story Tracker database to and from desktop spreadsheet applications.
* iPad support at no extra charge!
Please visit http://andrewnicolle.com/storytracker for more information on Story Tracker, including contact details to ask questions, request features, or report any issues. Join the Facebook page to discuss Story Tracker with other fans.
What's New in Version 3.1
Note: This update requires iOS 6 or higher!
- Added iOS 9 support.
- Added iPad Pro support.
- Added Today button to the Response Date popup on the Submission Info screen.
Setting up my new iPad, this is one of the first apps I'm loading. I write books, freelance articles and a bit of poetry. This app's full version is just awesome for tracking queries, submissions, acceptances/rejections, follow-up dates, deadlines, amounts paid, etc. I can sort by categories, track individual markets, deadlines, etc. Highly recommended for pro writers.
I only took one star because I'm not very pleased with the backup. For some reason, mine didn't work, but that might, just might have been due to me doing something wrong.
As a creative writer and a graduate student, this app really helps me keep track of essays and critical work that I have sent out without having to pay a monthly subscription fee for services like Duotrope. The only thing that would make this app even better would be the ability to link with Submittable, so that submissions through Submittable were automatically logged in this app.
Began using the app two or three weeks ago. Makes building a database of potential markets easy. With a glance, one can refresh one's memory of where work is going (don't know yet about submittal history). There seems to be room on the top page to put a few critical notes about the market, such as reading period for lit mags or how to contact any market.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 15, 2016
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Nicolle
- © 2009-2016 Andrew Nicolle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.