By Storyist Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storyist is a powerful writing environment for iOS that lets you create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes.
“If I could have only one screenwriting app on my iPad, Storyist would be it.” – Taz Goldstein, Hand Held Hollywood.
“I'm currently traveling in Europe and am just now putting the finishing touches on the book that will be published in September. I'm using the Storyist app for my iPad Mini and it's sensational... a real godsend.” – Michael Brandman, Bestselling Author.
With Storyist, you can:
• Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
• Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets. When you're ready to put words on the page, Storyist can even display your index cards next to your manuscript as you write.
• Review and revise on the go. Have a few minutes? Open Storyist and jot down a note, revise a few paragraphs, or annotate your manuscript with ideas for future changes.
• Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few taps. And the one-tap Dropbox sync lets you quickly access your projects where and when you need them.
Features at a Glance
• Rich text editor with support for fonts, colors, comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
• Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
• Support for both the onscreen and physical (Bluetooth) keyboards.
• Color-coded index cards.
• Customizable story sheets.
• Sync with iCloud or Dropbox.
• Easy import and export using iTunes, eMail, the Open In menu, and the iOS 8 document picker.
• Support for Storyist for Mac, RTF, Plain Text, Fountain, and Final Draft FDX files.
• Ability to export text files as PDF.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• Courier Prime font for screenplays.
What's New in Version 3.0
• Support for storing files in iCloud or Dropbox so that they're automatically available on all your devices.
• Ability to exchange files with other cloud storage services like Box and Google Drive using the iOS 8 document picker.
• Improved handling of sync conflicts.
• Support for iPhone 6 and 6+.
• Updated icons and artwork.
Thanks for using Storyist. If you like the enhancements, please leave a review—it really helps!
Loved it at first. But soon after I got it I noticed that I can't scroll down to read what I've written on my phone version of the app. It keeps popping back up to the top of the screen. The cursor will move below visibility at the bottom of the screen and keep typing but I can't see what I'm typing. When I use my finger to scroll down and see it automatically bounces back to the top of the page. This problem has been on two different phones on both my iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. So I spent all that money and can no longer use my phone to write more than a paragraph. If this app worked on those very simple functions it would be worth rating it higher but I need to be able to see what I am writing or what's the point haha. Very disappointed in that aspect. Hope They either fix it or Apple grants me a refund.
Excellent iCloud integration
I switched from Scrivener to Storyist because of Storyist's IOS support and it's excellent iCloud integration.
I can work on the same file on my iPhone 6+, my iPad and of course my Mac. You need version 3.0 or better on both Mac and IOS to do that, but it works great.
I often start writing on my Mac in the morning, then move to my iPhone while traveling to work, and then on iPad while eating lunch, then back to my work Mac, then to iPhone going home, back to my home Mac.
ICloud keeps it all sync'd and functionality between Mac and IOS devices is good enough that I never feel handicapped (other than the limited keyboard on IOS).
Revisions and reviewing and tweaking are easy on IOS, even if that's not the place to bang out a thousand new words.
The key is I can take advantage of small slices of time to work anywhere now. That's awesome.
BEST UPDATE EVER!
I just want to thank the developers for this last update, specifically the automatic syncing!
I have long since had the app on both my iPad and my iPhone, but I would always hesitate and talk myself out of writing on my phone for fear that I had not synced when last I wrote on the pad.
With this latest update that fear is GONE and my writing time has doubled as I can write fearlessly anywhere and anytime.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 09, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Storyist Software
- © Storyist Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.