By Storyist Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storyist is a powerful writing environment for iOS that lets you create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes.
“If I could have only one screenwriting app on my iPad, Storyist would be it.” – Taz Goldstein, Hand Held Hollywood.
“I'm currently traveling in Europe and am just now putting the finishing touches on the book that will be published in September. I'm using the Storyist app for my iPad Mini and it's sensational... a real godsend.” – Michael Brandman, Bestselling Author.
With Storyist, you can:
• Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
• Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets. When you're ready to put words on the page, Storyist can even display your index cards next to your manuscript as you write.
• Review and revise on the go. Have a few minutes? Open Storyist and jot down a note, revise a few paragraphs, or annotate your manuscript with ideas for future changes.
• Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few taps. And the one-tap Dropbox sync lets you quickly access your projects where and when you need them.
Features at a Glance
• Rich text editor with support for fonts, colors, comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
• Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
• Support for both the onscreen and physical (Bluetooth) keyboards.
• Color-coded index cards.
• Customizable story sheets.
• Easy import and export using iTunes, Dropbox, eMail, and the Open In menu.
• Support for Storyist for Mac, RTF, Plain Text, Fountain, and Final Draft FDX files.
• Ability to export text files as PDF.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• Courier Prime font for screenplays.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
* iOS 7 compatibility enhancements.
* Text files now opened to the location you were last editing.
Revolutionized my on the go writing
This app is all that I've dreamed it would be when holding out for Scrivener to get their heads out of the sand and design a companion for iPad. It has a great interface, and basically all the functions of the Mac version with a few exceptions (customizing templates, etc.)
One thing still needed, though, is a better way to sync. This is an issue for many apps out there right now, you need it to be able to sync either automatically or at least within the app so you don't have to page all the way to the home screen. An iCloud sync would be ideal. That way I don't have to mentally keep track of which device I was working on last to pick up my story and start writing.
Upgrade the sync functionality and I will give this app five stars. As is, it has been an invaluable companion to get me through a month of intense writing.
And, to those who are having trouble with setup, try reading the tutorials online. It works and you may be doing it incorrectly.
A lot of supposed writing apps just don't offer the seamless and easy-to-use features this one does. I love the ability to switch between an outline, the text, and notecard views. The ease with which I can reorder scenes alone is amazing to me.
My one problem is when switching between a Bluetooth keyboard and the digital keyboard. Sometimes it works great, most of the time the keyboard simply won't reappear until I've used the digital keyboard in another app after closing this completely. Sometimes even that won't work and I have to reboot my iPad entirely before Storyist will show the keyboard again.
I would have given 5 stars accept for this annoyance. I also wish you could sync via iCloud with Storyist for iPhone/Mac.
This is exactly what I've been looking for. It helps my stories stay organized and it's very easy to write and edit in the app itself. I love the formatting and templates too. One of my favorite things is that I can have multiple projects (versus other apps I've tried that are really only designed for one at a time).
The customer service is fantastic. I had a problem with disappearing text in a file and the developer emailed me back quickly with a work around. Everything is working great now. Some of the best $10 I've ever spent on an app. Definitely better than Pages or My Writing Spot.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Storyist Software
- © Storyist Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.