By Storyist Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storyist is a powerful writing environment for iOS that lets you create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes.
“If I could have only one screenwriting app on my iPad, Storyist would be it.” – Taz Goldstein, Hand Held Hollywood.
“I'm currently traveling in Europe and am just now putting the finishing touches on the book that will be published in September. I'm using the Storyist app for my iPad Mini and it's sensational... a real godsend.” – Michael Brandman, Bestselling Author.
With Storyist, you can:
• Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
• Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets. When you're ready to put words on the page, Storyist can even display your index cards next to your manuscript as you write.
• Review and revise on the go. Have a few minutes? Open Storyist and jot down a note, revise a few paragraphs, or annotate your manuscript with ideas for future changes.
• Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few taps. And the one-tap Dropbox sync lets you quickly access your projects where and when you need them.
Features at a Glance
• Rich text editor with support for fonts, colors, comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
• Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
• Support for both the onscreen and physical (Bluetooth) keyboards.
• Color-coded index cards.
• Customizable story sheets.
• Easy import and export using iTunes, Dropbox, eMail, and the Open In menu.
• Support for Storyist for Mac, RTF, Plain Text, Fountain, and Final Draft FDX files.
• Ability to export text files as PDF.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• Courier Prime font for screenplays.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
* iOS 7 compatibility enhancements.
* Text files now opened to the location you were last editing.
I love this app! I really love his app! It is incredibly well thought out. It has the best keyboard I've ever seen on an iOS app. The Storyist arrow keys are sorely missed whenever I find myself typing on a lesser keyboard, and the buttons for formatting a script are just amazing and genius. I also really love the way the designers decided to implement the instructions on how to properly use the app. If you want to know how to use all the script writing functions, they created a fake little screenplay that you read that tells you how to properly use the formatting buttons and simultaneously shows you how they look on a finished formatted script. Such a simple and elegant idea.
My only let down with this app, and the only reason why I gave it merely 4 stars instead of a resounding 5 stars is because it is limited on back up sync capabilities. I don't have a drop box account, but I do have a google drive account, but there seems to be no function to back up to google drive at this time. Very depressing.
After years of waiting, I finally jumped ship waiting for literature and lattes to come out with an iPad companion app for Scrivener. I was told about storyist and jumped in with both feet.
A few issues - first is the app does not automatically sync documents, this is up to you to do as the user. I'm told that the new storyist Mac app syncs with iCloud but no such option available in app.
The design is a little plain and as I am running iOS 8, it looks more dull than it would otherwise and has a few up bugs which I don't think are directly the apps fault, but it would be great if there were updated to iOS 8. Over a year since the last update and while I would admit this doesn't need to be changed every 30 seconds, it would be nice to keep up with OS updates. 5 stars when we get iCloud sync in app and iOS 8 update.
A lot of supposed writing apps just don't offer the seamless and easy-to-use features this one does. I love the ability to switch between an outline, the text, and notecard views. The ease with which I can reorder scenes alone is amazing to me.
My one problem is when switching between a Bluetooth keyboard and the digital keyboard. Sometimes it works great, most of the time the keyboard simply won't reappear until I've used the digital keyboard in another app after closing this completely. Sometimes even that won't work and I have to reboot my iPad entirely before Storyist will show the keyboard again.
I would have given 5 stars accept for this annoyance. I also wish you could sync via iCloud with Storyist for iPhone/Mac.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Storyist Software
- © Storyist Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.