By Storyist Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storyist is a powerful writing environment for iOS that lets you create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes.
“If I could have only one screenwriting app on my iPad, Storyist would be it.” – Taz Goldstein, Hand Held Hollywood.
“I'm currently traveling in Europe and am just now putting the finishing touches on the book that will be published in September. I'm using the Storyist app for my iPad Mini and it's sensational... a real godsend.” – Michael Brandman, Bestselling Author.
With Storyist, you can:
• Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
• Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets. When you're ready to put words on the page, Storyist can even display your index cards next to your manuscript as you write.
• Review and revise on the go. Have a few minutes? Open Storyist and jot down a note, revise a few paragraphs, or annotate your manuscript with ideas for future changes.
• Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few taps. And the one-tap Dropbox sync lets you quickly access your projects where and when you need them.
Features at a Glance
• Rich text editor with support for fonts, colors, comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
• Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
• Support for both the onscreen and physical (Bluetooth) keyboards.
• Color-coded index cards.
• Customizable story sheets.
• Sync with iCloud or Dropbox.
• Easy import and export using iTunes, eMail, the Open In menu, and the iOS 8 document picker.
• Support for Storyist for Mac, RTF, Plain Text, Fountain, and Final Draft FDX files.
• Ability to export text files as PDF.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• Courier Prime font for screenplays.
What's New in Version 3.0
• Support for storing files in iCloud or Dropbox so that they're automatically available on all your devices.
• Ability to exchange files with other cloud storage services like Box and Google Drive using the iOS 8 document picker.
• Improved handling of sync conflicts.
• Support for iPhone 6 and 6+.
• Updated icons and artwork.
Thanks for using Storyist. If you like the enhancements, please leave a review—it really helps!
Loved it at first. But soon after I got it I noticed that I can't scroll down to read what I've written on my phone version of the app. It keeps popping back up to the top of the screen. The cursor will move below visibility at the bottom of the screen and keep typing but I can't see what I'm typing. When I use my finger to scroll down and see it automatically bounces back to the top of the page. This problem has been on two different phones on both my iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. So I spent all that money and can no longer use my phone to write more than a paragraph. If this app worked on those very simple functions it would be worth rating it higher but I need to be able to see what I am writing or what's the point haha. Very disappointed in that aspect. Hope They either fix it or Apple grants me a refund.
BEST UPDATE EVER!
I just want to thank the developers for this last update, specifically the automatic syncing!
I have long since had the app on both my iPad and my iPhone, but I would always hesitate and talk myself out of writing on my phone for fear that I had not synced when last I wrote on the pad.
With this latest update that fear is GONE and my writing time has doubled as I can write fearlessly anywhere and anytime.
Update One More Time: The icloud for the ipad is sweet. Now I can use it on the fly. While Dropbox was nice, it is clumsy and this makes Storyist much easier on different mac platforms, like I have to use. Now I keep all the book writing in one place. Thanks to Steve and his developers for at last doing this.
Update: it is syncing better now and seems to sync automatically from Dropbox, but is still a pain to constantly upload to Dropbox, then download to Storyist three. I hope it is updated to sync with Storyist 3, but when the syncing works this is a nice app for book length projects.
Needs ICloud. The Dropbox integration screwed up a project I was working on. To be effective anymore it needs iCloud.
Update: Fix Storyist of IOS7. It crashes every other minute. Arghhhhh......
I bought Storyist because of its integration through Dropbox with its sibling program on Macs and because of its formatting and publishing capabilities. As a writer who does most of his work on iPad and is rarely home long enough to do anything more than an e-mail, it was refreshing to find a program that work on both, integrate with each other, and can make things look professional on both.
While some of the formatting capabilities, such as the ability to do footnotes, are lacking on the iPad version, it is not a terrible bother. Sometimes the formatting from the original templates can be a bear, but I am finding ways around that problem. I wish that there were more templates other than novel, screenplay, and blank. Sometimes the outliner can be a it it screwy and that chapters cannot be moved around on the iPad version is a bummer. There could be more features too, like bibliographies, and so on.
Other than that, Storyist is a helluva writing program for anyone interested in taking on large writing projects. It would be great to have a template designed for non-fiction works or even short stories with the ability to import notes and such. Perhaps that is coming someday. iCloud sync would be nice too. But to tackle large projects from more than one computer, Storyist is the way to go.
Also, if the developers actually read these appraisals, adding iCloud support would be a great thing.
Was hoping for iCloud with new version. Damnit. None. Dropbox is great to store things, but is a bear when working in between devices. Please, iCloud:)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 09, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Storyist Software
- © Storyist Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.