By Storyist Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storyist is a powerful writing environment for iOS that lets you create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes.
“If I could have only one screenwriting app on my iPad, Storyist would be it.” – Taz Goldstein, Hand Held Hollywood.
“I'm currently traveling in Europe and am just now putting the finishing touches on the book that will be published in September. I'm using the Storyist app for my iPad Mini and it's sensational... a real godsend.” – Michael Brandman, Bestselling Author.
With Storyist, you can:
• Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
• Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets. When you're ready to put words on the page, Storyist can even display your index cards next to your manuscript as you write.
• Review and revise on the go. Have a few minutes? Open Storyist and jot down a note, revise a few paragraphs, or annotate your manuscript with ideas for future changes.
• Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few taps. And the one-tap Dropbox sync lets you quickly access your projects where and when you need them.
Features at a Glance
• Rich text editor with support for fonts, colors, comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
• Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
• Support for both the onscreen and physical (Bluetooth) keyboards.
• Color-coded index cards.
• Customizable story sheets.
• Sync with iCloud or Dropbox.
• Easy import and export using iTunes, eMail, the Open In menu, and the iOS 8 document picker.
• Support for Storyist for Mac, RTF, Plain Text, Fountain, Scrivener, and Final Draft FDX files.
• Ability to export text files as PDF.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• Courier Prime font for screenplays.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Was good now loses data font buy
Used storyist two years ago for nanowrimo without a hitch. I do all the writing on my iPhone. This year, it has become unreliable. The final
Straw is it wouldn't save to Dropbox. It thought my morning writings on my iPhone was from a different device and then it threw away my evening changes. So I lost over 1200 words.
They also have a midges tire making it way too easy to accidentally delete scene notes. They've know about it for years, they won't do anything about it. Three strikes, storyist, your out.
Exceptional Writing App
This is quite the writing app. Makes writing feel more productive, and allows me to easily structure my stories. The best part of this app is that it's universal, so the $15 was worth it.
So far, there wasn't any bugs that I ran into, nor did I find any serious flaws with the app. That's a plus.
Excellent writing app
Storyist is an excellent writing app. It's great as a stand alone, and a great companion to the Mac OS app. Great features, easy to use, and reliable. More full-featured than plain text writers, but still simple to use. Highly recommended.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 04, 2015
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Storyist Software
- © Storyist Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.