By Storyist Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storyist is a powerful writing environment for iOS that lets you create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes.
“If I could have only one screenwriting app on my iPad, Storyist would be it.” – Taz Goldstein, Hand Held Hollywood.
“I'm currently traveling in Europe and am just now putting the finishing touches on the book that will be published in September. I'm using the Storyist app for my iPad Mini and it's sensational... a real godsend.” – Michael Brandman, Bestselling Author.
With Storyist, you can:
• Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
• Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets. When you're ready to put words on the page, Storyist can even display your index cards next to your manuscript as you write.
• Review and revise on the go. Have a few minutes? Open Storyist and jot down a note, revise a few paragraphs, or annotate your manuscript with ideas for future changes.
• Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few taps. And the one-tap Dropbox sync lets you quickly access your projects where and when you need them.
Features at a Glance
• Rich text editor with support for fonts, colors, comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
• Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
• Support for both the onscreen and physical (Bluetooth) keyboards.
• Color-coded index cards.
• Customizable story sheets.
• Sync with iCloud or Dropbox.
• Easy import and export using iTunes, eMail, the Open In menu, and the iOS 8 document picker.
• Support for Storyist for Mac, RTF, Plain Text, Fountain, Scrivener, and Final Draft FDX files.
• Ability to export text files as PDF.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• Courier Prime font for screenplays.
What's New in Version 3.2
* New: A “dark mode” interface option.
* New: Ability to add a title page to exported PDFs.
* New: Adjustable font size in draft mode on iPhone.
* Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Sure, there are things that this software doesn't do. It's iOS, so of course there are. But it slaughters the competition for working with Scrivener files. I resisted iCloud, but I was fed up with a slow a Windows tablet not syncing properly on Scrivener shutdown with One Drive. Apple and PC, right? Writing in RTF on the iPad, arguing with all the formats, I was ready to give up on portable productivity in Scrivener short of a "real" laptop or touch screen computer and the associated expense.
If you use Scrivener and own an iOS device, buy this software. Edit, write, move scenes around, get things done. Do the big things like compile on your desktop. Do something besides fight with your environment on the go. Fix a scene, drop in some great overheard dialogue while your car gets inspected. If you use Scrivener and are tired of waiting for vaporware, buy this program.
Outstanding so far
I've only used it to do the final edit on an OpEd, and to write some notes for another, but so far so good. No negatives to date, and this is the most bug free text editor I've used in the iOS world. I assume that's because it does a few things well, rather than trying to do everything, but I'm still impressed that this seems to be the creation of a single individual. Bravo!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 13, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 16.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Storyist Software
- © Storyist Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.