By Storyist Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storyist is a powerful writing environment for iOS that lets you create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes.
“If I could have only one screenwriting app on my iPad, Storyist would be it.” – Taz Goldstein, Hand Held Hollywood.
“I'm currently traveling in Europe and am just now putting the finishing touches on the book that will be published in September. I'm using the Storyist app for my iPad Mini and it's sensational... a real godsend.” – Michael Brandman, Bestselling Author.
With Storyist, you can:
• Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
• Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets. When you're ready to put words on the page, Storyist can even display your index cards next to your manuscript as you write.
• Review and revise on the go. Have a few minutes? Open Storyist and jot down a note, revise a few paragraphs, or annotate your manuscript with ideas for future changes.
• Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few taps. And the one-tap Dropbox sync lets you quickly access your projects where and when you need them.
Features at a Glance
• Rich text editor with support for fonts, colors, comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
• Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
• Support for both the onscreen and physical (Bluetooth) keyboards.
• Color-coded index cards.
• Customizable story sheets.
• Sync with iCloud or Dropbox.
• Easy import and export using iTunes, eMail, the Open In menu, and the iOS 8 document picker.
• Support for Storyist for Mac, RTF, Plain Text, Fountain, and Final Draft FDX files.
• Ability to export text files as PDF.
• Wireless printing with AirPrint.
• Courier Prime font for screenplays.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
• Minor bug fixes.
• Updates App Store icon to match the new app icon.
New in Version 3.0:
• Support for storing files in iCloud or Dropbox so that they're automatically available on all your devices.
• Ability to exchange files with other cloud storage services like Box and Google Drive using the iOS 8 document picker.
• Improved handling of sync conflicts.
• Support for iPhone 6 and 6+.
• Updated icons and artwork.
Thanks for using Storyist. If you like the enhancements, please leave a review—it really helps!
This is what I've been waiting for!
This app is exactly what I have been waiting for for my iPad. I love writing on my iPad, it's so easy to keep with me at all times when I need to write and this app makes organizing my writing so much easier! It's still missing some much needed features like word counts, but hopefully the developers will address this soon. It would also be nice to be able to export into Word and keep automatic sync with the Mac version of this software, but in the mean time this is about as close to scrivener as you can find in the iPad! Great job guys!
UPDATED: iCloud syncing is amazing! Now I can pick up my iPad to edit without missing a beat! Hands down the best software for on-the-go writers who work across multiple devices!
The best software for writers!
I use Storyist every day, on my desktop, iPhone & iPad. No other software for writers does this, as far as I know. It syncs automatically now to the iCloud, which means I can take my iPad with me to lunch and keep writing on the run. It’s perfect for my needs. I wish that Apple would list it in the “Apps for Writers” section of the app store. I give it a full thumbs up.
Best iOS app for novels
This new version is feature rich. For the most part, I can do everything on my iPhone or iPad that I can do on the desktop app. And the syncing (via Dropbox) is pretty seamless if you get it set up right.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 05, 2015
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Storyist Software
- © Storyist Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.