StoryMaker™ for Social Stories
By Handhold Adaptive, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Buying in volume? Email email@example.com for special pricing! **
StoryMaker™ is the premier app for creating and presenting Social Stories™. Now includes exclusive content from Carol Gray, creator of the Social Stories methodology, and is based on classroom research funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s IES SBIR program.
StoryMaker is an app from HandHold Adaptive®, makers of iPrompts® and other leading tools serving those with special needs and their caregivers. The app is designed to help parents, educators and clinicians quickly and easily use the following features:
* CREATE SOCIAL STORIES with PICTURES and TEXT: Create as many stories as you’d like. Use up to three pictures per page, or use none. The text you use stretches automatically to fit the screen, whether you’ve typed four words or forty, on an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Use our stock library of images, add your own from the camera, import from an external source, or search and download from the Web.
* ADD AUDIO: StoryMaker lets you add custom voice recordings to each page. Or, activate one of 10+ Text-to-Speech voices to read your text aloud.
* EMAIL AND PRINT: Email a story to yourself as a PDF, then print it from your computer.
* CUSTOMIZE LOOK AND FEEL: Select background and type colors which suit individual readers best.
* ACADEMY (EXCLUSIVE CONTENT from CAROL GRAY): Learning to write great Social Stories is now a breeze! Carol Gray’s “Academy” teaches her renowned, research-based criteria for writing effective Social Stories. Each module takes only minutes to complete, so you’ll be writing terrific stories in no time!
* CAROL’S CLASSICS (EXCLUSIVE CONTENT from CAROL GRAY): Ten of Carol’s “classic” Social Stories are included in the app. Each story can be customized and emailed or printed.
* PRODUCT RESEARCH: In a study conducted by autism researchers at the Yale Child Study Center and Southern Connecticut State University, StoryMaker was found to be an effective intervention for students with autism spectrum disorders. Inquiries about the research study may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HandHold Adaptive® was founded in 2008 by the family of a young boy with autism. We create applications for caregivers of those with special needs, including iPrompts® (visual support sand schedules) and AutismTrack™ (track medicines, diets, therapies and behaviors). HandHold Adaptive® proudly releases StoryMaker™ to help caregivers everywhere construct social narratives, an evidence-based practice for individuals with developmental delays.
To learn more, visit: www.handholdadaptive.com. Facebook: iPrompts.
Patents pending. ©2013 HandHold Adaptive, LLC, all rights reserved. StoryMaker research is funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences, IES SBIR program.
What's New in Version 3.0.77
iOS 7 Compatibility Fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 13, 2013
- Version: 3.0.77
- Size: 57.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Handhold Adaptive, LLC
- © 2009-2013 HandHold Adaptive LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to iPrompts® PRO$59.99
- Add iPrompts®$49.99