You make the movies! This easy-to-use animation app works with the Storymation Studio kit, allowing you to make your own stop motion movie masterpieces inspired by your favorite Disney films!
Part of Disney Imagicademy’s innovative suite of products, the Storymation Studio app and kit help children explore these creative arts skills and concepts:
● Experiment with art materials and techniques to create movies.
● Dramatize stories through stop motion animation.
● Discover how music can enhance mood and emotion in a movie.
● Create Disney-inspired movies! This app is designed to work with the Storymation Studio kit, which includes everything you need for your stop motion movie: posable armatures, molds, clay, backgrounds and characters from your favorite Disney movies, tutorials, and a stand for your Apple device! The Storymation Studio kit is not included with the app and must be purchased separately.
● Experiment and explore. Use the clay, molds, characters, and backgrounds from the Storymation Studio kit to tell fun, creative stories. You can even incorporate your own drawings, paintings, photos, or toys in your movies.
● Capture movie frames with a clap of your hands! Once your Apple device is set up on the stand in front of the Storymation Studio stage, you can go hands-free when you’re filming your stop motion movie. Just clap your hands each time you’re ready to take your shot!
● Add artistic flair and finishing touches. Apply filters that will make your stop motion movies look vintage, noir, modern, bright, and more! You can also add music and other environmental features like lightning, snow, or rain to make your creations just the way you imagined! Remember to add a creative title and a Disney-inspired title screen!
- A few bug fixes in this update.
Ratings and Reviews
Decent app. Could be great
This app is decent it could be great.
Unless I am using it wrong the "share/send to your device button does not work". I can drag the movies or pictures to that button and it appears to do something. But the nothing is added to any of the pictures or video folder/album(nor does it create its own album).
While taking the stills for the stop-motion-movie, it would be a drastic improvement if there was a "delete last frame button".
If these two were addressed the app would get 5 stars.
Great app, but...
This app is great but there are some things you need to fix.
My little sister just got the animation kit for Christmas, she was so excited. We were shooting an Olaf movie. It was really cute! Until of course, we messed up. On this game, you cannot undo your mistakes! Please fix!
One other thing you need to fix is the sound. It would be very cool if you could get the characters to talk. My sister wrote an entire script by hand, only to find she couldn't add in the voices. Not saying you have to, but it would make the experience more fun.
Other than that, do not change a thing! This game is amazing
Terrible app: constantly glitching on movie creation cutting it off, like half movie recorded instead of one. Then some any little noise make aromatic movie shots records, and you can't undo it. No undo option available, nether for single step nor for the movie, you can't cancel it once you started working on it. I'm software engineer and know it's not a big deal to make undo redo options, they were just seemed to be lazy to include the option. Very very primitive and unfinished app
- Wonder Forge, Inc
- 431.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Disney elements: ©Disney, Disney/Pixar elements: ©Disney/Pixar www.disneyimagicademy.org ©2015 Wonder Forge Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.