Stranger Things: The Game
By BonusXP, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stranger Things is back! Prepare for Season 2 of the award winning show by joining Hopper and the kids on a new, action-packed adventure.
* It's 1984 all over again. Experience an action adventure game just like the ones our heroes would have played back in the day.
* Explore Hawkins and its surroundings. See your favorite locations like Mirkwood Forest and Hawkins Lab. Uncover exciting areas you've never seen before!
* Solve puzzles with the unique abilities of each character. Lucas can nail anything with his Wrist Rocket. Nancy has an entire collection of bats to swing this time.
* Collect all the Eggos and Gnomes you can lay your hands on. You never know what they might unlock...
* Compete with your friends' Speed Run times on leaderboards and social media.
What's New in Version 1.0.244
* New Savegame Management! If your progress through Hawkins was lost, now it is found.
* If you were stuck in the Sewers, we've turned off the continuous toilet flush. Plus, we've added an Exit button on the maps that didn't have it.
* The janitor found and returned the missing A/V Cart in the School.
* Fixed a few bugs with the boss doors in the Hawkins Lab dungeons. They will properly yield to your puzzle solving skills.
* Pick up an extra Key Card at Melvald’s General Store before they sell out.
* If you could not reach all the switches in the Laser Lab, they've been moved to be more accommodating.
Loved it, want more!
Update after original review - Was really enjoying the game. Found it fun and semi challenging. Made it all the way to chapter 6 and now it looks like I’m going to have to reset my save or delete the whole game. The game suddenly glitched and is stuck in a never ending loop where the screen just repeatedly loads then reloads and I can’t get out of the loop. It’s unplayable. I am extremely saddened by this as I’ve invested a decent amount of time in the game but now cannot progress. And there is no option as to how to contact the developers for help. I’d rate 5 stars if I could complete the game. I’ve come so far and have almost all collectibles and achievements. I really don’t want to start over so if it’s not fixed somehow then I guess I’ll have to delete. 😞
Update- contacted developers through App Store contact info via email - I have never had any developer reply as quickly as this team did. They explained what I needed to do and it fixed the issue making the game playable again! Yay! I have thus finished the game and am hungry for more! Hope there will be more episodes. This was highly addictive and enjoyable! I recommend anyone that grew up with Nintendo and other similar systems try this game. It brought me back in a good way. Thanks to the developers for being so helpful and solving my issue. 👍🏻
Fun and challenging but a little too hard
To start if I love this game! It isn’t too easy as to where you can beat it in an hour but the first four chapters ((or five whichever the one before the library is)) are challenging to a point. One problem is that I can’t find the last balloon in the sewers no matter how hard I looked. I watched play throughs and where they found it, I don’t seem to have it there. I don’t know if this is some strange glitch or what. Another problem I have found is that the library level might be too hard for some players. I know that I have been trying for over four hours on this level with the officers and flashlights and I just can’t seem to beat it no matter how hard I try. I would love to rate this five stars because this is the first game that is 100% free. No buying levels, no buying items, no buying anything! I love this game so much but I would really love to rate it higher if it was slightly easier
Nostalgic, Free, SNES Glory Reincarnated.
This game is SNES redefined for the mobile platform. It is quick and easy and completely free. I can't really complain other than I wish it could've been longer. The game is quite large and the environment is a beautiful 16-bit version of Hawkins and the character sprites are spot-on. The entire Stranger Things experience has been converted into an SNES Legend of Zelda clone that kept me happy and entranced for a good 8 hours. My experience had a few bugs and unsaved data, but it brought me back even further to the days of desperately blowing into the NES or SNES cartridge after the fuzzy screen of death appeared right before Ganon did. Take it for what it is and enjoy a few hours of true old school throwback. Thanks BonusXP and Netflix for giving the older gamers a bit of their past back and for not being greedy about it. Can't wait for October 27th.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 16, 2017
- Version: 1.0.244
- Size: 347 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BonusXP, Inc.
- © 2017 Netflix
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.