Strata Foto 3D SE
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Strata Foto 3D SE lets you use a standard digital camera to capture real-world objects as fully textured 3D models. It's ideal for difficult to model objects like organic shapes, soft forms and handmade items. Powered by patented camera technology developed by Canon, Foto 3D turns your camera into a 3D model creation tool.
And now add 3D models to iBooks using a combination of Strata's Design 3D and Apple's iBooks Author.
Use Models For:
• Illustrations in Strata Design 3D SE
• Animations in Strata Design 3D CX
• 3D web models in Strata Live 3D CX
• 3D Layers in Adobe Photoshop Extended
• 3D PDF documents in Acrobat Pro
• Import into virtually any other 3D software!
• Model creation wizard
• Automated mask creation tools
• Interactive model adjustment
• Includes printable PDF template
• Patented camera and lens correction technology
Layers Magazine gave Foto 3D four and a half stars, saying: "Strata Foto 3D makes it possible to take nearly any object and make a 3D model with just a little set-up time and a digital camera."
Foto 3D models are ideal for developing packaging, games, illustrations, online catalogs and more. Museums like the Museum of London use Foto 3D technology to capture hundreds of artifacts and bring them to an online audience. Packaging firms use Foto 3D to get accurate models of products to build packaging around. Brand owners use Foto 3D to show off their products in online catalogs. The only limit to how you can use Foto 3D is your own imagination.
What's New in Version 1.1
Put real-world objects in your iBooks using the new Collada file export capabilities. Shoot pictures with your iPhone or digital camera, bring them into Foto 3D and export. Download Apple's free iBooks Author and place the 3D model in your iBook. View the iBook on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch device.
Caution when reading iBook implementation.
I have used Strata Foto before and was excited to see this latest version exporting Collada for use in iBooks Author. I am currently working on a textbook project and had hoped to make use of this. There are a couple of cautions for those hoping to use this app for that particular purpose.
1) I exported their sample gallery piece, the porcelain doll. This figure in Strata Foto is beautifully, colorfully textured. It is quite gorgeous when viewed within Strata Foto. Within Strata Foto you have the option to view with the texture intact (pretty painted figure, very colorful), or switch to 'flat shaded' where it looks basically like an unpainted clay figure. UNFORTUNATELY when exporting to Collada (proper format for iBooks Author), it comes out as a 'flat shaded' model with no surface texture. In other words, it looks like unpainted clay. Granted, it's still a lovely 3D spinnable model, but I don't think that's what an iBooks Author user would most likely want. It is certainly NOT what I had hoped for on the project I'm working on at this point.
2) Their statement of use for iBooks Author books is decidedly WRONG… while you can view iBooks Author books on the iPad, you can NOT view them on the other stated devices (iPhone, iPod Touch. Please be sure of the implementation Apple provides for the iBooks Author output before you start making your own claims about what that Apple product can do for your software.
Not working at all
Ok I may be missing something but so far It crashing before it does anything dearing the mapping portion. I look and look to see if My image set is not good enough. but seems to crash on masking but seems to crash just having the file open when I am not masking. there is no guidelines to tell me if I am using bad images or not.
Seems like its just Buggy because I openned it just now and looked around and it crashed not doing a thing.
I love strata stuff but this is just unusable. It does not work at all
Im not tech savy, but found this easy to use. impressive, but i wish i could use the 3d objects on my website.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Mar 13, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 61.9 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Corastar Inc.
- © 2011 Corastar Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later