By Ephemeron Industries, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Strategic Dice is a world conquest simulation inspired by the online classic Dice Wars. Learn to play in just seconds and enjoy days of challenges vs. computer players and/or other people through Game Center.
- Single player vs. up to seven computer players.
- Pass & Play mode for two players using one device.
- 2-4 player internet multiplayer with Game Center.
- Game Center Achievements.
- Full iPhone, iPad, and Retina display (iPhone 4) support.
- Choose your preferred dice color.
- Sound effects.
How to Play:
- 2-8 players (1 or 2 humans locally, or 4 humans multiplayer, plus computer players) begin with assorted territories under their control.
- Each territory is assigned a random number of dice at the start.
- Each turn, players may attack one or more neighboring territories.
- If the sum of the attacker's dice is greater than the sum of the defender's dice, the attacker takes control of the territory and the defenders dice are destroyed.
- Upon capturing a space, all attacking dice except one are moved to the new space.
- At the end of each turn, players are awarded additional dice based on the number of connected territories they control.
- When only one player has dice remaining, the game is over!
Simple to learn, but endlessly addictive.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Sound effects (optional).
- Now allows you to build up extra dice when all your spaces are full (consistent with classic Dice Wars rules).
Just like the flash version. Sometimes the randomness feels very unfair, but it always feels that way when 5 dice beat 8. In addition to the standard game there's an online multiplayer for up to 4 that I haven't used and a pass and play mode that my wife and I enjoy, but it only allows for two players. I think it would be a great, and easy, improvement to allow for up to 8 pass and play players.
The opponents should attack faster like in the flash version. It saves time. A replay mode would also be great. The noise at the end when you win on the flash version is awesome and would be great to have it on the app as well. I could be wrong, but the computer players win against my dice much more easily than I do against them. Four stars because I play this game all the time regardless.
I like this game a lot, with two wishes. First, I wish I could place my "spoils" dice - the computer placement of my dice screws up my strategy more often than not. Second, I've been playing the game for a while now, and I think the random dice throws need to be checked - I know it's not a large enough sample, but I'm starting to think there might be something not entirely right (but it's not my job to debug).
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 01, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ephemeron Industries, LLC
- © 2011, Ephemeron Industries. All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.