By Jeff Broderick
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A simple and beautiful solution to browse and manage your CloudApp account on your iPhone and iPad. With CloudApp's new streaming service, your uploads and view counts update immediately — so no need for refreshing.
• Beautiful, elegant interface
• Streaming items (instant changes)
• Image, text, web page, video, audio, and file info viewing
• Infinite scrolling - scroll to the bottom of the item list and Stratus loads the next 30 of your items
• Settings - change your CloudApp account settings right from Stratus
• Easy uploading - upload content on your clipboard, whose type is automatically detected, or from your camera roll or directly from the camera
• Filter your items - choose which type of items you'd like to view with an easily accessible menu
• Supports landscape orientations
• Register your free CloudApp account right in Stratus
Stratus is not an official CloudApp client. A free CloudApp account is required; CloudApp is copyright (©) 2011 Linebreak S.L. More information about CloudApp can be found at http://getcloudapp.com/
What's New in Version 1.1.2
• Crashes + Bugfixes
This app works great on the iPad but not so much on the iPhone
I've been using Stratus since the first release and even with the 1.2 release, I'm experiencing a high frequency of crashes while using the iPhone version. I'm running iOS 5.0 and if I can provide any information to help diagnose the issue I'd be more than happy to. I love this app but the stability is starting to become a bit of a problem for me. It usually occurs after taking one or two photos and uploading. After the third photo the app will crash before the upload begins.
Not many apps combine true productivity and a gorgeous user interface without making a compromise between the two - Stratus defies that, merging dead-easy CloudApp management and a beautiful interface to do so.
It's not boasting a huge feature list, but than in itself is a feature; simplicity and ease of use are its greatest selling points. #1 recommended app for anyone with a CloudApp account.
Stratus could easily be a $0.99 or $1.99 app. I'd pay up to $2.99 for it.
First: the app functions perfectly for me, no crashes here.
Stratus works gracefully with CloudApp. If Stratus was called 'CloudApp' I would never know it was from a third party. Therefore; it has all the features you would expect from a mobile app for CloudApp. Clipboard uploading, automatic link copy... it's CloudApp for the iPhone. Not much more to say.
The interface is gorgeously minimalistic. It is a perfect mix of form and function. Very intuitive and lightweight with lots of eye candy. The filetype icons are excellently designed.
TL,DR: Excellently designed mobile app that works flawlessly with CloudApp. Get it.