Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Unlock Your Potential: Connect with a global community of athletes and train like never before.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
iOS 8 Health Integration: Strava can now sync data with the new iOS 8 Health app as well as other health and fitness apps that are participating. This service is optional.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.3
Now designed for Apple Watch. Experience Strava’s innovative, motivating features directly from your wrist.
• Real-time display. View your time, speed and distance on Apple Watch with your iPhone safely tucked away.
• Segment alerts. Premium athletes receive alerts when they begin a starred segment and get instant results at the finish.
• Glance and go: Swipe up to see your training dashboard and progress towards weekly goals.
• Immediate results. Automatically sync with Strava for an instant summary of your performance.
Also, don’t miss the features included in version 4.4:
• Strava Photos: Snap photos on the road or trail and upload directly to Strava -- for any activity, anytime after you finish.
• My Results and Improved Leaderboards: Track your past performance on any segment and see how your stack up with age and weight group leaderboards for Premium members.
Great app that is almost useless
This app is great but one of the primary pieves of functionality is that of a cycling companion. It does most of this work ok i guess, but when using a route that you create in the app or on the website it does NOT give you turn by turn directions!? What!? What is the point of routes and segmets and audio cues if you dont have any way to tell me where to go to complete them? Not having turn by turn or full map functionality in an app like this is absolutely ridiculous. It defeats the purpose. They even go so far as to provide you complicated instructjons for getting the list of text-vased directions they give you when u create a route onto a bike GPS! LOL what is the point of the app or bringing my phone at that point if i have a $400 bike GPS? Phones are what replaced dedicated GPS devices, why is Strava so backward on this? Conversely, why do i even need Strava if i have a bike GPS which records nearly every data point that strava does?
It was the best app...
I gave it 3 stars because I was pretty happy with it and would've given it 4! I like some features of MapMyRide more, but Strava provided more statistic info at the under premium option and USED to synch well with the Health app!
However, with a recent update, that last functionality isn't working. Further when I have a personal best moment on a segment it's not longer giving me the little trophies. This last point may seem insignificant but it was motivating, especially when sharing.
Hope this is fixed asap, please focus on existing users well as the new iWatch user, or I might as well see if MapMyRide has made better improvements....
Watch app literally does nothing, other problems
Strava is excellent when it works. Nice user interface, great gps tracking, etc.
It has 3 major problems, however:
1) the watch app is useless, I started recording a ride with it, and at the end, it didn't do anything with the data. It just reset, and now I don't have that ride recorded in my feed, or anywhere in the main app. What?? It shouldn't even have a watch app until it actually does something. Frustratingly idiotic. Best part? IT DOESNT WORK WITH THE WATCH'S HEART MONITOR!
2) if the phone app is running in the background, it will be evicted from memory sooner or later, and you won't get any warning or notification that it will or has happened. You must make Strava the LAST app you open before you lock your phone no matter what. Other apps deal with this appropriately... Strava apparently doesn't know how to.
3) HealthKit support is buggy. It sometimes doesn't export data to HealthKit correctly.
For these reasons, it's an unreliable app for fitness tracking. I hope they address these basic issues that are essential to a reliable app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 4.4.3
- Size: 53.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Year$59.99