Strava Cycling - GPS Biking and Riding Route Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your rides with GPS, analyze your performance, join Challenges and see how you stack up against friends.
TRACK YOUR RIDES WITH GPS
• View the map of your ride as you record
• Get key stats like distance, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and earn King or Queen of the Mountain honors
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• See how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Find and invite your friends via Facebook
• Motivate your friends with kudos and and comments
• Share your rides on Facebook and Twitter
FIND PLACES TO RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Get even more feedback on your training with heart rate analysis, power zone analysis, advanced segment effort comparison and Suffer Score calculations
• Level the playing field with leaderboards filtered by age and weight
• Hear your results immediately after completing a segment
• See a list of your friends currently out riding or running
• Make your indoor training count with access to structured workout videos
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT STRAVA
“Strava, a website and app, has brilliantly tapped the power of GPS...to change the way millions ride.” - The Independent
“Strava’s phone app lets you get competitive any time you want. It ranks a user’s performance and compares it over specific courses to thousands of other athletes, with a worldwide leaderboard.” - Triathlete Magazine
“...Chart everything from estimated watts to total elevation gain for the year...quickly find the most competitive routes and see how their toughest climbs rate...” - Outside Magazine
Note: Recording rides with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life..
What's New in Version 3.8.1
Additional language support: Strava is now available in Italian, Spanish and Portuguese (European), in addition to German, Portuguese (Brazilian), French, and English.
Great for running + cycling
I've used a few apps for tracking bike rides and runs. All have their idiosyncrasies, but Strava seems to have what I need where I need it. And the "gamification" of rating your segments against everyone else who's passed through that area only helps motivate me. In other words, a great app for the competitive at heart. Most importantly, it's great for challenging yourself and showing how each effort compares to your previous attempts.
But proceed with caution, lest you get caught up in the KOM mania. That's when it gets dangerous. Just set your own goals and Strava is a great tool to help you achieve them.
Prefer over my Garmin watch
I mountain-bike and road bike so tracking my progress, looking down at my wrist and reading my Garmin watch isn't possible on my MTB and is not as important as when cycling on the road so I start Strava, throw it in my hydration pack on my back and when my ride is complete I end the ride, type in my trail name and compare from prior rides.
I love the elevation segment for this app which is important for MTBrs. When I ride on the road I have a bar mount for my phone and can monitor my progress while listening to my playlist. Great App my top 3 of all time.
I really like the user interface and simplicity of this app on my iPhone. Enough detail is present to be useful, and there is no excess clutter or confusing extras.
Only downside is the high battery drain but that is completely understandable given the gps tracking required to run the app- start with a fairly charged device if you want to use it after your ride!
This is an excellent addition to a regular cycle computer or a very solid if not perfect stand alone computing device.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 3.8.1
- Size: 70.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2013 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Year$59.99