Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
iOS 8 Health Integration: Strava can now sync data with the new iOS 8 Health app as well as other health and fitness apps that are participating. This service is optional.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
New in 4.5
Introducing Strava Live: Your iPhone is now a running and cycling computer.
● New always-on display option, optimized for battery life, shows live performance feedback.
● Premium athletes also get live speed and paired devices data.
Update FAIL. why take away live data from free users
I'm very disappointed with the latest version that releases "Strava Live". Rather than announcing, "now with live data for premium members, they should say, "live data now taken away from non-premium members." The free version used to provide current pace and device info like heart rate during my runs. It now only displays average pace and average heart rate during my run. This update requires paid premium service for these basic features. I never enrolled in the paid premium version because it had additional functionality like live segment performance and suffer score as well as more detailed analysis when all of this seems really great all I needed was the basic functionality.
What is the point of having an exercise app that cannot provide your current pace and device info. I used to recommend this app to everyone because it worked great, had a simple interface, and had nice features. I cannot recommend this any longer because I do not see any use for it anymore.
I just downloaded Map My Run which provides live data for free to track my runs moving forward.
Has not worked since update
Ever since updating a few days ago it has not recorded my runs/rides. I'll start it as usual and when I get to my destination and I go to stop it it acts as if it's reopening when I never closed it and then has no time recorded and just sees my start and destination and plots a straight line between the two, not my actual route. Has happened consistently since updating. Have not had one accurate activity since.
I can't contact support either. Going into help section of the app I click on contact support. It then sends me to the mail app and then freezes. Have tried restarting my phone several times--same result. Recording activities is broken, contacting support is broken, I wonder what else?
I'm switching to another app.
Hard to start a run
This app used to be a great way to track a run or ride. Since the update, It's hard to figure how to record a run. The app used to start on the record page, now it starts on the feed page. I don't need to see what I ran last time when I open the app, I want to start recording like it was in the previous version. Please change it back or have an option to set it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 27, 2015
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 59.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- 1 Year$59.99