Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
iOS 8 Health Integration: Strava can now sync data with the new iOS 8 Health app as well as other health and fitness apps that are participating. This service is optional.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.11.1
• We’re putting your photos front and center in the feed. You can now choose to represent your activity with a map or a highlight photo.
• New segment view: We know you love segments, so we made them more accessible with improved segment exploring and a better map interface.
• Good news for swimmers and triathletes – swimming weekly progress goals and statistics are now available in your profile.
• New cycling activity tags (Workout and Race) help organize your training.
This is really a nicely designed app but I cannot rate tt any higher than 3 stars because too many features are not available if your chosen sport is not running or cycling. In my case, I inline skate a lot. I mean, 200–300 miles a month. But if I specify that my sport is inline skating, the Strava treats me like I’m third class. It will not give me useful stats like how much I skated this week or this year. If they ever get around to treating sports others than running/cycling/swimming as also being first class sports, then I might give this 5 stars.
Also, I’ve ended up using at the same time as another route-tracking app, which has saved my bacon on both sides a time or two. I’ve been able to download my Strava route and import it to the other app’s website when that app glitched. Unfortunately I have also had to do it the other way once when Strava simply stopped tracking my skating route 4 miles before I got home.
Final note, the starred segments tracker may be my favorite feature. Really keeps me from slacking off even the tiniest bit when I am on certain segments that I skate a lot.
Data display could be better
There is a lot of information that the website offers which the app does not. Where's my training load? Why can't I tap on a graph to make it full screen and pinch to zoom in on the map and drag my finger across it to analyze the data like I can do with my mouse cursor on the analysis screen on the website? These are things that can be done in the app. I've seen graph manipulation like this done in other apps. Please show my all my numbers in the app. Suffer score, weighted average power, total work, training load, intensity, all the stuff I can see on the overview screen on the website.
Need more data display options
I wish you could view current pace instead of the split pace. Ideally the entire display should be customizable but current pace at a minimum.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 09, 2016
- Version: 4.11.1
- Size: 46.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- Strava Premium$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- 1 Year$59.99