Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
iOS 8 Health Integration: Strava can now sync data with the new iOS 8 Health app as well as other health and fitness apps that are participating. This service is optional.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.5
Improved experience on Apple Watch:
• Start a ride or run directly from Apple Watch
• See more accurate elapsed time during an activity
• Additional bug fixes
Great but could use improvements.
When I first started riding it was a great way to keep track of mileage and times but as I became a better rider I noticed more inconsistencies with the app, I bought a Garmin to be more accurate to keep track and still dealing with issues. Twice in one week I had issues, one ride that didn't record the entire last half(I was with another rider did the same segments same times same phone provider and app, his tracked everything mine did not.). The second issue was my Garmin tracked everything and my entire ride is viewable on Garmin connect but doesn't show the same segments on strava. It's been 4 weeks since I've emailed them for each issue and I still haven't had anything resolved, I just want to know my total mileage for when I didn't have a Garmin and then for the ride I did have a Garmin and it doesn't accept the segment I rode.
So if you're beginner just trying to track your times and distance it's great. BUT if you're more serious about running or riding don't bother wasting your time with a phone app that isn't nearly as accurate as a Garmin. Do yourself a favor and dish out the money for a nice Garmin. Elevation, Calories burned, Time and distance are accurate when using the proper gear.
It’s already great, but they keep on improving it!
Strava, even in its free version, is an incredible tool for any cyclist or runner. It works as a great training aid for anyone trying to up their game. Having the ability to compare your course time or any segment of it with all of the times you’ve previously done the course or segment is invaluable. And for fun, you get to compare your activities with your friends or anyone else who’s done the same activity. And really, that’s just the tip of the iceberg for this app. You can plan your courses on maps (like Map My Ride, but better). Recently, they added “Fly-bys”, where you can identify the people you passed or who passed you and are also using Strava. Caution: Strava is addicting, and it just keeps getting better!
"Strava" is verb for cyclists!
Strava has quickly become the leading way to log your ride, benchmark your progress and get feedback from friends. It's easy to use and set up, friendly on your battery and highly accurate without additional accessories or subscriptions. If you're in to numbers, it's great to see your elevation, speed and heart rate and compare how you rank on segments of popular rides.
Only areas of feedback I can see are; 1) They need to build a way to privately message your contacts 2) Uploaded pics need to be bigger or have a way to zoom in on the iPhone app 3) Sometimes the segment matching can be flaky and inconsistent. Would be nice to be able to pick a segment and add it to your data if you really did ride it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 21, 2015
- Version: 4.4.5
- Size: 59.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- 1 Year$59.99