Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
iOS 8 Health Integration: Strava can now sync data with the new iOS 8 Health app as well as other health and fitness apps that are participating. This service is optional.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7
New in version 4.7:
- Tag your commutes.
- Sign in with Google.
- Audio cues back to normal speed.
I'd been a runner for years, having done marathons and trail ultra marathons, but Strava was still a complete game changer for me once I discovered it. It's a one stop shop I can use to analyze my run and heart rate data, and it helps me compare my performance to previous activities so I can keep getting better. One of the best parts about Strava is the use of segments - segments force me to try to get better every time a do a specific route, and it's a nice dose of healthy competition between me and myself, or me and others. A big part of running and staying in shape is mental for me, and Strava has been the biggest factor in pushing myself to and beyond my limits to see what I'm truly capable of. A must need app/website for any runner, and I look forward to seeing how Strava continues to get better and better.
Deletes data from HealthKit - GET RUNKEEPER
In an effort to force free users to sign up for an expensive subscription that showcases features some of us don't need, Strava has now begun deleting all but the latest ride's data from HealthKit. This is not the first time they have done something like this. Bad form strava! I wouldn't be "whining" if we were talking about features that we would like not features that we DID have.
PS I am now using runkeeper and it shares data with the HealthKit as strava used to, as well as having a Notification Center widget and shares with myfitnesspal also! Much better in my opinion. All around a better app.
ALSO: I would be weary of the positive reviews. How odd that the reviews are almost all five or one star...a little fishy I think. We should see more of a spread if they are in fact real reviews.
Great update! Perfect for runners
I've been a Strava premium subscriber for over a year now. It's an amazing product well designed, stable and the running community is great in being apart of. Their companion website is also a true gem and is always being updated and enhanced. Recommended for runners who enjoy tracking the subtle nuances of their runs.
While still one of the best running tracker apps out there I am anxiously waiting on a version that utilizes the new open watchOS features like heart monitoring.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 12, 2015
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 62.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- Strava Premium$5.99
- 1 Year$59.99