Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• View your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with indoor training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
Challenge notifications: Get the latest news on Challenges you’ve joined.
Good. Could be great if...
There were more features:
- auto-pause run when not moving
- auto-pause audio during split announcements
- audio cadence metronome
- autofill and custom workout schedules
- ability to keep device from putting display to sleep
- improved stability
(Nike+ has some of these)
- Audio will sim during some announcements (e.g., pausing and not come back up for remainder of run. Comes back after closing the app)
- split announcements with come 0.1-0.2 miles after the split (even while running slowly).
- pausing/resuming very delayed on iPhone 4
Good but can be better
1) Ability to switch between current speed and cadence and average.
2) Display current elevation
3) When doing the same route, display your pace from your last ride or best ride.
Should be able to swipe across current stats, average stats, and comparing pace stats.
Swim, bike, run, you're well covered with Strava. I use the site or app daily; the social component, segments, and challenges will get even lazy types like me out the door. Only complaint: Instagram integration doesn't always work, and when it does the upload window is too narrow.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 16, 2014
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 51.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Year$59.99