Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
iOS 8 Health Integration: Strava can now sync data with the new iOS 8 Health app as well as other health and fitness apps that are participating. This service is optional.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.1
New in 4.4
Now it's easier than ever to share photos and track your progression.
Share the story of your activity with Strava Photos.
● Snap photos on the road or trail and upload directly to Strava.
● Share as many pictures as you like, for any kind of activity, anytime after you finish.
New My Results Feature and Improved Leaderboards.
● Track your past performances on any segment with the new My Results view.
● Premium members: See how you stack up with mobile age and weight group leaderboards.
Doesn't update Health with cycling distance
The route maps are interesting and the auto shutoff timer for when you're not moving work pretty well. It doesn't provide much useful data besides distance and total time, which I was just going to live with, but that and not updating to Health is a deal killer. It looks like it's set up properly to do so, but Strava support doesn't say whether this is a bug or if they want me to pay 6 bucks a month for that privilege. I'm looking for another app at this point.
Solid app, best of breed, expanding feature set!
When Strava brings a feature from the web app to the iOS app it always works solidly. That's exactly what you want from an exercise app.
To get the most out of Strava you need add friends, join groups, etc. the community on Strava is what makes it interesting. I'd rather ping my Strava friends than be on Facebook any day.
Also, the latest version has an expanded feature set to do more browsing thru rides of your own or friends and comparing data across rides and runs. A+++.
Obvious lacking feature: adding metadata to rides (commute, stationary trainer).
Have been riding for 30 years and Strava has been one of the best things I've used to keep me motivated. To be able to compete with other cyclists and gauge my abilities opens up a whole new world. Just wish I had this when I was younger and a bit stronger!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 30, 2015
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 51.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Year$59.99