Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
By Strava, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with indoor training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
To continue getting the most out of Strava, please update your iPhone to iOS 7 or above. Strava 4.1.1 will be the last version of the app compatible with iOS 6.
MyFitnessPal integration: Calorie, duration and distance data from activities you upload to Strava can now be sent to MyFitnessPal.
Strava is more fun with friends. Invite yours via text message, email or Facebook from the Profile tab.
This update also includes bug fixes.
Clean interface - would rather be standalone
This app is great, you record your rides, etc etc. To me it seems Cyclemeter can show you every graph or metric you could possibly think of, which Strava doesn't quite do, but all of the main ones are still there in Strava. One thing I prefer in Strava is the route handling. You can identify "segments" of your route (before or after the ride), and look at your performance on those segments. Cyclemeter just has whole routes, so you can't easily compare your performance in a certain area of a ride to previous rides if you take a small detour. My biggest complaint about Strava is that I need a computer to identify segments.
Not great for viewing data
This app may be great for recording activities, but it is mediocre for viewing activities that have been previously uploaded. For example, I can't see when an activity began (only relative times like "yesterday"). It takes many clicks to get to summary data that is easily available on the web site (avg speed for example). And the killer is that the map is useless. If I want to show someone my route, I can't because the map shows segment markers that can't be hidden and cover up the route lines. Needs work Strava. Just make it work more like the web site and it will be great.
Repeated failures to log
I’m running Strava on an iPhone 5s, and am very disappointed. When the app manages to record a track, the data presented is minimal compared to other apps. If you want to see your run/ride in detail, look for a different app. Frequently I’ll get notifications that Strava has failed to record GPS data, and my whole ride is lost. This NEVER happens with the other GPS mapping app that I use. The only good reason to use Strava is that it automatically uploads your data to their web page. With other apps, you have to manually send your data to Strava if you want it recorded. For me, the whole idea of Strava is to record ALL my rides. If the app fails to record my data, it throws off the whole purpose of logging.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 23, 2014
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 52.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Strava Inc.
- © 2014 Strava, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Strava Premium$5.99
- 1 Month$5.99
- Strava Premium$59.99
- 1 Year$59.99