By Matthew Gallagher
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use StreamToMe on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to play *video*, *music* and *photo* files streamed over WiFi or Cellular from any Mac or Windows PC running the free ServeToMe server (download free from http://zqueue.com/servetome). No prior conversion or syncing required (huge number of formats supported without conversion) just tap the file and it plays. Play on your device or via AirPlay or TV out cables, turning your iPhone/iPod/iPad into a mobile media player for all your computer's files.
** FEATURES **
- Huge number of formats supported without prior conversion
- Video up to HD quality 1080p on the iPad and iPhone 4
- Continuous, single and random playlist modes
- iTunes library integration; browse your iTunes files and playlists
- iPhoto library integration (when running server from Mac)
- Play all your music, display album art
- Play through folders or use your iTunes playlists
- TV out via the Apple Component, Composite and VGA cables (iPhone4 or newer)
- SRT, SSA and SUB files or embedded subtitles
- Play audio in background (requires iPhone 3Gs or newer and iOS 4.1+)
- AirPlay audio and video support (video requires iPhone 3Gs or newer and iOS 4.3+)
**NO NEED TO CONVERT OR SYNC**
Why bother converting your stuff to an iPhone/iPod size or iPad format before you can view it? Syncing files to your iOS device is a pain.
StreamToMe's companion program *ServeToMe*, which runs on your Mac or PC, does that for you. StreamToMe users can download ServeToMe for free from http://zqueue.com/streamtome
ServeToMe converts the files to an iPhone/iPad-friendly format *on-the-fly*, so a single touch will start playback on your device in as little as 5 seconds.
**UP TO HD QUALITY**
You can stream movies up to HD quality (1080p) over WiFi to your iPhone or iPad from most recent Macs and PCs.
- *Movie files*: in MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPG, MKV, WMV and more formats
- *Music files* in MP3, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, M4A and more formats.
- *Photo files* in JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF (RAW files are not supported)
You can *pause and seek* through the file on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad as though it were actually on your device.
**WiFi or Cellular**
Stream over 3G or 4G anywhere from your Mac/PC to your iPhone/iPod/iPad. You can watch your movies, listen to your music wherever you are. Use a dynamic DNS address to find your computer and *stream away*.
**WHAT YOU NEED**
*StreamToMe* runs on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad so long as you use iOS 3.1 or greater.
You also need the free *ServeToMe* program running on either an Intel Mac (OS X 10.5 or later) or a PC with Pentium4 or greater running XP SP2, Vista or Windows. A 1.8Ghz Core 2 Duo or faster is recommended. PowerPC Macs are not supported.
ServeToMe is a *free program* that StreamToMe users can download from http://zqueue.com/servetome
StreamToMe requires a continuous, direct connection between your Mac or PC and your iOS device. Network settings may affect the ability to connect.
StreamToMe is a transcoding server and may require significant CPU power to perform transcoding. To play movies in 720p or greater, a 2.4Ghz dual core CPU or better recommended. Pentium 4 and Atom CPUs are not recommended for the server.
Connecting from an external location (Cellular or non-local WiFi) requires UPnP/NAT-PMP or manual port forwarding on your router. Some configuration may be required (help at http://zqueue.com/streamtome/support).
StreamToMe/ServeToMe can stream authorized iTunes protected content by redirecting through the Safari app on your iOS device. StreamToMe/ServeToMe does NOT play back other DRM-protected audio or video formats.
What's New in Version 3.9.2
Fixes for problems playing playlists via AirPlay. Improvements for filename and sort key display in listings.
Great app for apple tv
Great app for apple tv
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 18, 2014
- Version: 3.9.2
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Matthew Gallagher
- © 2013 Matt Gallagher
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.