“It’s still fun as hell.” - Touch Arcade
A new warrior has entered the ring!
Take control of 32 world warriors and test your mettle against players from around the world. Street Fighter IV: Champion Edition perfects the winning gameplay formula by offering higher resolution graphics, wide screen support for newer iOS devices and a host of updates and refinements. Long time Street Fighter fans can jump into the action and have an instant familiarity with the controls. For more casual players Street Fighter IV features numerous settings and tutorials that put you on the path to victory.
• Fight as 32 Street Fighter characters
• Higher resolution graphics and wide screen support
• Intuitive virtual pad controls allow players to execute full move sets including Unique Attacks, Special Moves, Focus Attacks, Super Combos and Ultra Combos
• Take your game to the next level with a MFi controller like the Gamevice (MFi controllers do not work in menus, they fully function in multiplayer and single-player gameplay.)
• Battle head-to-head against players from around the world via Wifi
• Single player “arcade” and multiplayer modes.
• Connect your Youtube account to Street Fighter IV Champion Edition and stream matches live! iOS 10 and above required and 100 subscribers or more on Youtube.
• Unleash super moves with a tap of the “SP” button.
• Four levels of difficulty.
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPod Touch(6th Gen), iPad (2017 model),iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
What’s new in this update:
- Fixes bug that deleted play history
- All icons and titles will be unlocked for those who lost data
- Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued support
Ratings and Reviews
Almost perfect, missing some crucial things
Best fighting game on mobile by a huge margin, really fun despite wonky touch controls. The touchscreen does not benefit from the joystick function nearly enough and directional finger slides would allow for easier execution of moves not intended to be excruciatingly difficult to input.
Online has far too much lag to play seriously, I’m fine with being bodied by the same guy 15 times in a row as long as the fight is fun and fair, which the INSANE lag does not make for AT ALL.
But if your just looking for a somewhat deep fighter on your phone and are fine in practice mode most of the time this will be a gem for you as it is for me.
Lastly WHERE IS LOCAL MULTIPLAYER? I’ve seen Bluetooth connection for local fights utilized well in the past, why not implement it in a game with such a god awful multiplayer network? Laziness or just trying to cattle prod people to play online which isn’t working except for serious players of this game who are prepared for the massive technical issues; either way the result is the same: this game as it is OVERPRICED at 5$. Add local multiplayer and this game would be worth even more than 5$
Just something to think about if you ever end up making SFV Mobile
This is hands down my favorite game on iOS. I would easily give it 5 stars, but comparing it to Volt, I can only give it 4 at the moment. I mean, why did you remove some important features? Here's what could majorly improve and perfect this already amazing game, (most of what I'm about to mention was already in Volt):
1- Please. I mean PLEASE bring back the screen orientation option back in the settings. It's the most simple/helpful feature to a lot of players, who are used to a certain orientation in the previous game, or other games generally.
2- Bring back Free Sparring mode. Why was such an important mode removed from Champion Edition? A quick fight with the CPU could make players learn a thing or two. Or just have a quick match while they're on the go.
3- Probably the most important point. Where's Bluetooth multiplayer mode?! I mean why would you remove that sweet golden mode?! 😭. I used to challenge my friends whenever we hang out without the need of Wi-Fi or Cellular.
Those were, in my opinion, all the features that could make this game superb. And personally, I don't think it'd be hard to implement all these features, since they already existed in Volt, you could just carry them over with a few adjustments, right? :)
Thank you very much and keep up those awesome updates! 🙏🏼🎮👾💙👊🏼
- CAPCOM Co., Ltd
- 2.2 GB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 2011, 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.