Stress & Anxiety Companion - the beautifully designed CBT app that can help you feel better
By Companion Apps Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Can an app really make you feel better? We think it can.
The Stress & Anxiety Companion app gives you the tools you need to manage anxious feelings and identify their triggers so they won’t trip you up in the future. It can help build your mental muscles to make you stronger and happier. Some of our features include:
ANXIETY BUSTING EXERCISES THAT REALLY WORK
• Re-Breathing: control your breathing with the help of our visual exercises.
• Mindfulness and muscle relaxation recordings to help your muscles relax and ease tension.
• Brain exercises: Quick and fun exercises to interrupt anxious or negative thinking.
• You can’t change what happens, but you can change how you feel about it. Our app helps you reframe negative and anxious thoughts, building your mental muscles so that you can cope much better with life’s ups and downs.
• Our simplified CBT process (it’s short for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, a technique that’s helped thousands of people) helps you identify triggers and their associated thoughts, replacing those thoughts with new ones - not just today, but every day.
VISUALIZE YOUR THOUGHTS
• Turn your key thoughts and learnings into handy photo cards.
• Share them with your friends and family.
LEARN ABOUT STRESS AND ANXIETY
• Our easy to digest Learn section gives you valuable information about all things stress, anxiety and CBT.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Updated content and UI tweaks.
Affordable, Useful, Energizing
This is well worth the cost of a coffee and your time. Obvious attention to detail and how the user can "go with the flow" or break out and choose their own route -- best of both worlds.
Carefully structured with easy access to explanations before you get going, just as you'd have in a real session. Nice to have info about the symptoms so you can "relate" and identify what you want to work on before you get started -- but for those who don't care to read & investigate you can dig right in. Sure it isn't perfect -- but it can be a valuable tool and for those who have no other resources this could be much better than just reading about it on the internet (taking action to help yourself). Very good as a "refresher course" to come back to from time to time even once you have memorized all its steps...It is designed to let you learn and take it with you, not lock you down to paid services the rest if your life. Much to like here and much to benefit from with very little investment and just a few moments of time and effort!
I suffer from PTSD and generalized anxiety, and this app has been a godsend. I use it regularly when I feel anxiety setting in. The thought-reframing exercise has helped me work through so many fears and worries. The breathing and muscle relaxation exercises are great even if I'm not anxious. I also see a therapist, but this app is almost like having her with me whenever I need her. I can't recommend this enough. I feel stronger and better equipped to cope with and get past things now. I can be a better me, better wife and mom and friend, because I have the tools to push through anxiety. Thank you!
Great CBT for anxiety!
I have been using this app anytime I get anxious and it really really helps calm me down. I love the deep breathing exercises and that you can make cards when you feel like you have had a personal revelation.
This app has helped reduce my stress and anxiety and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try the very helpful CBT approach. My only complaint would be that I can't get the "anxiety level" numbers to move up or down from the number 5. They just seem to be stuck there on this app. But everything else works perfectly!