By Alessandra Saviotti
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stressed Out can quantify your psychological stress level and help you understanding how different events impact your physiology and wellbeing (includes hrv-based stress assessment, heart rate, activity tracking, location tracking, noise level, mood tracking, stress tests, relaxation exercises, etc.).
By reliably measuring your Heart Rate Variability using the phone's camera, Stressed Out can estimate autonomic control of the heart, and in particular parasympathetic control.
Analysis of autonomic regulation and sympathetic/parasympathetic activity can then be used to assess stress level under different contexts.
Stressed Out adapts to your HRV profile, and gets better and better over time.
- Stress assessment (HRV-based)
- Relaxation exercise (quantifies the respiratory sinus arrhythmia component and helps you getting in synch with your autonomic nervous system, improving wellbeing)
- Stress Journal
- activity tracking before the test (iphone 5S only)
- location tracking, to analyze which places stress you out the most
- noise level
- mood tracking
- Data export
More info on the techniques used to extract accurately HRV using the phone's camera can be found here: http://www.marcoaltini.com/2/post/2014/01/heart-rate-variability-using-the-phones-camera.html
The app requires at least an iphone 4S.
What's New in Version 4.0
Two major changes in this version:
- the app works now with bluetooth low energy sensors as well, not only the camera. This should be useful especially for the biofeedback exercise.
- slightly changed the scoring system for the biofeedback exercise
Raises My Stress
This app is a neat idea and seems useful when it works. But about 2/3 of the time I try take the stress test, the app crashes and dumps me back at my home screen instead of showing my results. Frustrating to take the 60 sec test only to crash repeatedly.
unstable - don't pay $5 for this!
95% of the time this app gives you a message it has a bad signal. No matter how still you are, how little pressure you apply...makes no difference.
Wish I didn't buy this, it's a joke.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 25, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alessandra Saviotti
- © Marco Altini 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.