Strike and Dip
By Hunt Mountain Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Strike and Dip turns your iPhone into a pocket transit. Take strike & dip measurements, bearings, plunge, and all that geological goodness, while simultaneously getting your latitude, longitude, and elevation. Choose between azimuth and quadrant formats for bearings, and three formats for coordinates.
To measure strike, just hold the edge against a dipping surface and and handy yellow triangles tell you how to level your iPhone. To measure dip, turn the iPhone up on its side in the direction of dip. Strike and dip will highlight in green when you have an accurate measurement. Position and elevation also turn green when you've got a good reading.
Compass features require iPhone 3GS
What's New in Version 4.0
• Maps now include a geologic map overlay, supplied by macrostrat.org
• The location of your measurements and notes are now also shown on maps, and you can see their data by tapping on them
• Numerous code improvements and some bug fixes
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 18, 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 43.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Hunt Mountain Software
- © 2009 Hunt Mountain Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.